~1~

I never told you what I looked like. I have long dark brown hair like my parents, I am about Sodapop's height, maybe a bit shorter, and I have a small build, but I'm not super skinny. I guess you could say I am average, I'm pretty much built like a triangle, with my hips and rear being a bit more larger than my top half. I also have soft brown doe eyes, at least that's what I've been told. I don't think they're doe-like, but I don't care much to argue about my looks. I like me and don't care what anyone else says. Anyways, back to the more important part of this story.

I left in the late spring and came back in the early autumn of that following year, and it was still pretty hot in Tulsa, Oklahoma. So, I was wearing a tank top, some sandals, and thigh high shorts to keep myself from getting a heat stroke. I remembered Sodapop talking about working at a gas station, DX I think the name of it was, so that was where I was headed. When I walked up to the gas station building I saw a familiar face…my handsome big brother's, this made me smile and walk inside.

“Welcome to the-” Soda said, stopping when he saw me. “Shawna!” he shouted joyfully, as he jumped over the counter and hugged me. His eyes were filled with tears of joy in his eyes. “I missed you!” he said, hugging me.

“I missed ya too, 7-up,” I said, hugging back. 7-up was his nickname that I gave him when we were kids. He hated it at first, but eventually came around to it. He gave me a big, child-like grin, before I saw another guy come in from the back room. He was covered in what smelled like car grease, with his shirt opened, and strands of hair hanging over his forehead. 

“Who's the chick Soda?” the boy asked my brother, giving me a crooked grin. 

“Hi, I'm Shawna,” I said, sticking out my hand. He wiped his greasy hand on his jeans and shook my hand.

“Name's Steve, Steve Randle,” he said. “So how do you know Soda?” he asked me.

“She's my kid sister,” Sodapop said.

“Kid sister? We're not even a full year apart,” I said, smiling at Soda, causing him to grin at me.

“I didn't know ya had a sister, Soda,” Steve said.

“Well, I have been gone for a bit, so he probably kinda forgot about me,” I said.

“Never, how could I forget my cute little sister?” Soda asked, hugging me again.

“Sodaaa,” I said, feeling embarrassed, making him beam like the Cheshire cat.

“So ya goin' home, sis?” Sodapop asked me.

“Yep,” I said. “I just wanted to come see you first.”

“Well Pony is at school, he should be on his way home soon, and Darry is at work and won't be home til about 8,” Soda said.

“Okay,” I said walking towards the door, “See ya at home 7-up, bye Steve,” I called, walking towards the house. As I walked, I saw someone that I had missed seeing…my kid brother Ponyboy. He was walking with another boy who was wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt. I jogged over to the two boys, and Pony recognized me quickly.

“Sh-Shawna,” Ponyboy stuttered in surprise, "Is that you sis?”

“Yeah, it's me,” I said, waving a little. He hurried over and hugged me tightly. 

“I missed ya sis,” he said.

“I missed ya too Pony,” I said. The boy with the Mickey Mouse shirt walked over and smiled.

“Hey, I'm Keith Mathews, but everyone calls me Two-Bit,” he said, putting his hand out. 

“Shawna,” I said, “Shawna Curtis,” he gave me a look as I shook his hand.