10

regular writing is in first person, rubys pov. if you hate it, that's fine. it will return to texts in the next chapter.

* * *

Luke: PRINCESS

Ruby: i s2g what do u want now

Luke: Let's FaceTime cutie

Ruby: do we have to right this second??

Luke: YES

Luke: RUBY HURRY UP

Ruby: oh my god chill I'm making myself less ugly

Luke: You can't possibly look ugly right now it's literally impossible

Ruby: stfu

It took 4 rings before Luke answered the call, and he immediately waved at me.

"Hey, you're even cuter when we're FaceTiming!" he exclaimed, running a hand through his flat, blonde hair. "I'm almost embarrassed now, I look like such a mess."

I nervously readjusted the hair framing my face, glancing at myself in the small rectangle on my phone. "You look just fine, Luke."

This was true; his eyes were much bluer up close. They twinkled in the dim light from his screen, practically reflecting my image back at me. A tiny dimple was evident on one cheek, though it was so shy that it showed only when he grinned. Even his nose intrigued me; it was the kind of nose you'd want to poke just to make him giggle.

Fuck. What am I talking about?

"How fine?"

His smile widened to his ears, bright enough to light an entire city. I rolled my eyes and focused on controlling the blush that threatened to color my cheeks.

"You look fine as hell, Luke. And I'm digging the accent."

"Thank you, Princess"

I immediately buried my face into my pillow, slightly giddy upon hearing the pet name. He chuckled lowly to himself.

"Luke," I groaned, lifting my face into the camera, "stop calling me that."

"You love it."

"I don't."

"It makes you blush."

"That's exactly why I hate it."

His face grew still, so still, in fact, that I assumed his connection was poor and that it froze on his delicate smile. However, Luke shifted to reach something behind his phone, still watching me intently.

I bit my lip. "You're staring."

"Do I really make you blush?" he asks, playfulness dancing in his deep voice.

"From time to time."

He laughed a loud, genuine laugh, returning his gaze to the screen after a brief fist pump.

"Oh, don't feel special, Luke. I blush when a teacher calls on me in class. My face is always red."

"Sure, Rubes, sure."

Somehow, that first FaceTime was the beginning of our blossoming friendship. We chatted for hours, discussing music and telling obscure, irrelevant facts about ourselves. He mostly listened to me talk, though he would sporadically chime in with a snarky response. Our witty banter and story telling went on for three hours before I went to bed, grinning at the ceiling of my silent bedroom and asking myself how I was so damn lucky to meet a guy like him.

* * *

i know what youre thinking; wtf paige why did you give us this TRASH

well, children, it was 4am when I wrote this.

itll go back to texting in the next chapter.

I LOVE YOU IF YOU VOTE OR COMMENT OR FOLLOW ME OR MESSAGE ME OR LITERALLY INTERACT WITH ME IN ANY WAY YOURE ALL CUTIES AND I LOVE YOU AND HOLY FUCKCKKFFUK I WOKE UP WITH 140 NOTIFICATIONS AND OVER 300 NOTES AND I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS