By

Sorry for spelling errors and I'll fix the chapter title later I promise! Happy Holidays!!

Here is the beginning, the real beginning. When it all had really started. Let's go back there.

Back to the start.

"Happy Birthday Eren!" My mother yelled as I yawned, walking down the stairs in my poofy sweater that was oversized and the sleeves lazily fell past my fingertips. "It is my birthday already?" I asked, my bed head still crazed and tossed wildly as I sat on the counter top. "well," My mom pretended to look at the cat calendar that hung on our kitchen wall, "Today is March 30th, right?" She looked back and a warm smile widened on her face as she hugged me. "You're still my baby boy..." She mumbled, digging her face more into the crook of my neck, making her grip tighter before she stepped back, her hands lingering on my arms. She looked at my face, a gentle smile on her face. "Dad is already at work as is Mikasa, but they both wish you a happy birthday. So I wanted to give you a present because your damn father isn't here to rant about the present." My mother smiled, going to the closet and pulling out a big box that had birthday wrapping on it.

She set it on the living room coffee table, before gently sitting me down in front of it. Sitting next to me, she waited in anticipation. I looked at it, before carefully ripping away the paper, seeing something I thought I would never get from a family member. "Mom, you shouldn't have.." I mumbled, looking at the contents inside the box. A new sketchbook, pens, markers (the fancy ones I always eye when we go to the store and pass the fancy art section) were all inside of the previously torn box. My eyes scanned over the items. The words didn't come to me as I just breathed out a long sharp happy sigh.

"I....I thought," I started but my mother cut me off, with a finger to my lips, the feeling lingering there once she put her hand down, automatically silencing me. "After seeing how passionate and happy you were, I realized how wrong and sorry I am for wanting you to do something that you just simply were not passionate about.." My mother said in his soothing tone, placing her warm hand down onto my own, the warmth flowing through me as I let out a sigh of my own once again. "T-thank you." I looked down at it once again, feeling the excitement bubble up inside of me as I finally had real and professional things to draw with. "Oh and two more things. I got a raise and I wanted to spend my large bonus on my favorite son in the whole wide world." She stood walking to the same close and pulling out a computer box and a Wacom tablet.

This, is when I really freaked out.

After about 3 hours and my crying tears of complete and utter joy, I had happily accepted her wonderful gift of all these amazing things. There was a knock on the door as I was organizing my drawing tools I newly acquired. "Eren!" My mom called from the stairs. I waked out of my room, looking out and seeing Levi standing there, a flat look on his face but a sweet and tender sparkle to his eyes that made me smile. "Levi is here to see ya." She explained, even though I could clearly see that.

"Hey," I breathed out, a wider smile creeping on my face as I saw how he was dressed a bit more high class he usually does. His eyes flicked up to me, his gaze sharpening almost like he was trying to figure something out, but the sharp look washed away soon and he nodded, "Hey," Levi said, less breathy than my hello. "Happy Birthday." Levi rocked back and forth on his heels, hands still shoved into his pockets as he looked away, like he always did when we made eye contact.

One. two. three. four. five. six.

I breathed out, washing away all my thoughts as I walked down the stairs. "What are ya doing here?" I asked, not that I minded his presence. It gave me reassuring and a feeling that I was wrapped in such a protected feeling. It made me smile whenever I was with him. My heart would pound and my throat would constrict when he made eye contact. "I came here to take you." Levi said as I was staring off at his fancy dress shoes that shone black and freshly polish. I looked up at him, my head slowly rising as my eyebrows raised. "For what?" I asked. Levi rolled his eyes. Why is my heart pounding so hard when he did that? Why are my hands sweating so much?  I quickly wiped them on my pants, looking away nervously. "Your birthday, brat." He muttered the word "brat' under his breath so my mom didn't hear it. I blushed, looking away. what is wrong with me. I groaned internally at the thought. "Yeah but where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere you've never been before."

-

The wide entrance stood before the two of us. The stars shining through the low hanging clouds and the brighter moon. "Levi it is closed, we can't do anything here." But I was sent a sharp glare. "Shut up and just go with it." He said firmly, shutting me up instantly. I looked at the fence, seeing a hole torn on the metal linked fence that was trying to stop us from entering but had failed miserably. Once we got into the area, we stared at the big machines before looking at each other. "You didn't have to." I mumbled, surprised by his surprise. He just gave a small shrug in response, not listening. "It costed almost the same for the tea set you gave me.. And a few extra hundred." Levi mumbled the last part softly, scratching the back of his head and looking at me weakly. I sighed, deciding not to argue.

"But seriously Levi. This, is amazing." I looked at the stip of light bulbs hanging around the little gaming booths of the carnival we always had going on everyday weekend on saturdays. Not that many people attended but it was always fun when it used to be so busy. I remember one time I was about 4 when I first went and my favorite ride was always the huge ferris wheel that at night would light up all multicolored and pretty sparkly lights. Now I was facing the same this only it was off, and I was only with Levi.

Only with Levi; no one else.

Levi had a little table where there was my favorite meal of all time. A burger. One side had a salad and the other had a burger. "Pft, Loser how'd you know?" I asked him, bumping his shoulder with a chuckle. "Oh shut up like I haven't known you what like almost a year now?"  Levi scoffed, taking his seat on the rustic chair as did I with my own seat. "What are you looking at?" I asked him as he spaced off in my direction while we were eating our food. "Nothing, just the pretty stars." His eyes glanced at the stars but went back down to where they were first looking at, whatever it was. "Whatever." I laughed, poking at my french fries. "Hanji made the meals. not me. I would've sent them to complete shit." Levi rolled his eyes as he took a bite of his salad. "You can mess up a salad?" I quirked an eyebrow as I ate the salty fry. "You'd be surprised." Then the two of us continued to eat, letting the silence consume us.

-

"Now where are we going?" I groaned, my knees hurting. "Shut up." Levi said again. I rolled my closed eyes, sighing as I heard a loud lever move and a bunch of things maybe moving. "Open your damn eyes, you damn brat." He hit the back of my head, rolling his eyes but not even making direct eye contact with me. "Oh I am so wounded." I said but my words dragged on as my eyes landed on the big ferris wheel that was lit up and turning slowly, small classical music playing from the speakers surrounding it. "Happy Birthday." Levi mumbled into my ear, I looked down and saw he was standing on his tippy toes to do so. Holding back a wave of loud laughter and constant teasing, I blushed at the warm words tickling down my spine. my palms are sweaty again. I can't breathe around him. Am I dying?

I walked towards the wheels, my silly grin growing by the second. "Levi this is..... amazing." I breathed out again, closing my eyes and let all the memories flood back inside of my mind. When I went with my mom, when I went with my sister. When I went with Armin.

And now when I am here in this moment with Levi. Only Levi.

It has only been Levi, hasn't it?

-

"Ah! We are so high into the air!" I screeched as we reached the top, going to halt. Levi made it stop because he had the portable button flat against his hand. "Such a great view too." I mumbled, leaning forward a little, looking all the stars in the dark midnight blue sky. "It is." I looked at him and he was still looking at me. The heat rising to my cheeks and my flustered expression made it hard for me to think or to do anything. I leaned back and put my hand against his jawline, underneath his ear is where my fingers lingered. The silence dropped in between us and I could swear Levi could be able to hear my heart ramming against my chest. "Levi, shut up and let this," I leaned closer, raising my head a little and brought them to brush against his own,

"Be our little cliche....."