A.E. Part 5

Something woke me, maybe it was the quiet. I realized that I was still in the cell. There were no guards standing outside the door, and I couldn't hear anyone in the basement with me. Sliding slowly off the cot, I take note of the injuries on my body. Most of the minor cuts and injuries had already healed, but there were a couple that needed to be looked at by a doctor because I could tell that they were caused by something made of silver. 

   Looking down at my wrists, I winced when I saw the burnt skin. Straining against the cuffs, I finally manage to break them after several tries. The fresh smell of blood hits my nose, but I just rip several strips from my already torn shirt and tightly wrap it around my wrist. Walking swiftly to the door, I push against it and watched in surprise as it swung open. "Stupid mutts don't know how to even lock a cell door properly," I mutter as I make my way down the corridor towards the exit.

   Taking a deep breath, I slowly push the heavy door open and take a step into the sunlight. A small smile appears on my face as the warm rays of the sun hit me. Then the sound of fighting overwhelms me. My eyes scan the clearing in front of me and I spotted several of my warriors along with bodies of dead rouges. A soft breeze floats by me and my head snaps to the right. Narrowing my eyes, I soon catch the cause of the scent. The boss of the rouges was sneaking up on one of my pack members. Letting out a growl, I shift and race towards him, ignoring the pain that racked through me as I did so.

   He heard my growl because he froze and looked at me. I knew that he knew who I was but I didn't give him a chance to do anything. I jumped onto him and the fight commenced. I had to admit that he was a decent fighter, but even though my body was weak from lying in a bed for almost three months, I was a better skilled fighter than he would ever dream of being. Right before I killed him, I looked him in the eyes and smiled. I told you that they would come and that they would wipe every single one of you mutts out. With one blow, I snapped his neck in half and let his body fall to the ground. 

    Looking around me, I noticed that the fighting was over. The rouges were either dead or being rounded up to be taken back to Dean for their punishment. "Gamma Cooper, she's not in the holding area. She managed to escape." Rivers shouted and I turned around. Standing in front of the door stood Dell, Rivers, and Dean. Shifting back as fast as I could, I begin running towards them.

   The closer I got to them, the stronger the smell became. It managed to call out to everything within me and I ran faster. "Dean! I'm here," I call out as I get closer to them. The three of them whirl around at the same time, shock and disbelief written on their faces. Dean stepped away from the other and Lilly zoned in on him. It was him; he was the source of the mind altering smell that had been plaguing my memory ever since I had been in that stupid cell.

   "Tami." My name slips off of Dean's lips softly, but I heard it. A smile began to grow on his face as he started moving towards me. MINE! Lilly roared out in my mind and it startled me. My legs gave out but before my body hit the ground, Dean's arms were around me. Sparks flooded my entire body. I'm sorry. Lilly whispers as I lay my head on Dean's shoulder. He was my mate. But how, I couldn't figure out. He still had his true soul-mate out there somewhere. I was positive that he would have told the pack if he had met her and something happened to her. 

   The shifting and the fight took most of our short energy supply. We have.... To rest... Her voice faded and my eyes closed. "Dell, get the doctor. Now!" Dean yelled as he picked me up and began running. The last thing I heard, or I thought I heard, was Dean whispering, "Oh, Tami, sweetheart, I thought I had lost you, love." 

  My eyes slowly opened and it took me several seconds before I realized that I was no longer chained in a cell. I was lying on my bed in my room. A soft sigh left my lips as I slowly slipped from my bed and made my way to the shower. The hot water would do my sore body some good I was hoping.