Chapter 14

My eyes fluttered open quickly and I realized that I was still in the cell. There were no guards standing outside the door, and I couldn’t hear anyone within yards of me. Sliding slowly off the cot, I do a once over of my body. Most of the minor cuts and injuries had already healed, but there were a couple that needed to be looked at by a doctor because I could tell that they were inflected by something made of silver.

Looking down at my wrists, I winced when I saw the burnt skin. Straining against the cuffs, it takes me several tries to break them. Walking swiftly to the door, I push against it and watched in surprise as it swung open. “Stupid mutts don’t know how to even lock a cell door properly.” I mutter as I make my way down the corridor towards the exit.

As I pushed the door open, sounds of fighting hit me. My eyes scan the clearing in front of me and I spotted several of my warriors along with bodies of dead rouges. A soft breeze floats by me and my head snaps to the right. Narrowing my eyes, I soon catch the cause of the scent. The boss of the rouges was sneaking up on one of my pack members. Letting out a growl, I shift and race towards him.

He heard my growl because he froze and looked at me. I knew that he knew who I was but I didn’t give him a chance to do anything. I jumped onto him and the fight commenced. I had to admit that he was a decent fighter, but even though my body was weak from lying in a bed for almost three months, I was a better skilled fighter than he would ever dream of being. Right before I killed him, I looked him in the eyes and smiled. “I told you that they would come and that they would wipe every single one of you mutts out.” With one blow, I snapped his neck in half and let his body fall to the ground.

Looking behind me, I notice that most of the fighting was over. The rouges were either dead or being rounded up to take back to Dean for their punishment. “Gamma Cooper, she’s not in the holding area. She managed to escape.” Rivers shouted and I turned around. Standing in front of the door stood Dell, Rivers and my father; shifting back, I run towards them. “Dell! Dell, here I am.” I call out as I got closer to them.

The three of them whirl around at the same time, shock and disbelief written on their faces. “Tami!” Dell shouts as he sprints towards me, a smile on his face that looked like it would split it in half if he smiled any harder. My legs gave out but before I could hit the ground, Dell’s arms wrapped around me and picked me up. “Rivers, get that doctor up here now!” Dell yelled as he held me tightly against his chest. “Oh, Tami. I thought I had lost you, my love.”

Feeling my father’s eyes on me, I look over Dell’s shoulder. “Daddy…I’ve missed you and Mom so much.” I couldn’t manage to speak past the lump in my throat. I felt tears welling up in my eyes and swarming over the dam I had built so many years ago. He wipes his own tears away as he gives me a wobbly smile. “We’ve missed you too sweetheart.”

“Dell, I’m so sleepy.” I whisper as I laid my head on his chest. He chuckles a little and his arms tighten around me. Placing a kiss on my forehead, he hands me to my father as the doctor opens his bag. It didn’t take him long to clean my wounds and patch me up. Dell was helping Rivers gather the remaining rouges together, so my father started carrying me back to the pack house. I knew that we were a long way from it, but before I could tell my dad to set me down and let me walk, sleep claimed me.

Rolling out bed, I make my way to the bathroom and strip. Stepping under the hot water, I realize that I’m back in my room. After a quick shower, I dress and hurry down the stairs. I walk into the kitchen and grab an apple before I head to Dean’s office. I was just about to knock on it when I heard Dean and my father talking. “I know she’s the Captain of your warriors Sire, but her mother and I want her to come back home with us. And the only way she would do that is if you stripped the position from her. I know that you’re not only her alpha and king, but you’re her friend. She’ll listen to you.”