SUVs & Smoothie Shops

~H~

"Mr. Styles, you called?" My assistant, rushes in with her overly high heels, coffee in her hand which she sets down on the small table at the corner of my office, and then runs over to my desk, smiling hugely, as if I hadn't put her up to multiple assistance in one morning.

I didn't look at her at first, just around my beautiful place, marbled with black tiles.

My office is quite huge, one of its walls made of glass so I can see New York City at its best, day or night, and obviously is very organized; my sleek black desk in the middle, on one side, the business area, and on the other, the resting area with a coffee table and comfortable sofas my personal interior designer helped make. Sometimes it does get difficult to walk around the place fast enough, it's surface area was large.

I have to say, everything I own is large, if you know what I mean.

"Mr. Styles?" Rose catches my attention again, the fake smile still plastered to her face, her red lipstick bright in my dimly lit room.

"Rose," I say, my eyes fixated on the lengthy mirror in my office as I fixed my tie, "Call off the lunch, schedule's been changed, Maximus called- yes, don't look at me like that, Maximus Adams did just call- to have a 'friendly' lunch at some absolutely horrendous restaurant, where apparently, we can have a 'friendly'  meet to talk business,"

I watch in the back of the mirror, as Rose scrambles, nodding fervently scribbles down the new change of plans, when she catches my eye, she smiles pleasantly, but I can see the look of horror on her face. She doesn't want me to make a stupid decision in the presence of Maximus Adams, rival, but I wouldn't. Other than that, I catch her fluttering his long lashes, letting the silvery eye shadow catch light which came from the slightly parted curtains.

She was always trying to make me feel emotion towards her, any type of emotion which wasn't negative, however, in my mind assistants are assistants and girlfriends stay out of business matter.

Also, I'm gay.

So it wouldn't exactly make sense for me to have a girlfriend.

On that thought though, boyfriends should also stay out of business matter.

"Mr. Styles, I've changed the schedule, and also, as long as we're on the topic of schedules, Mr. Howell from Howell Inc. called to let you know that your designs, the drafts, have reached their designers in Paris, and they are expecting you to see how they look in the shops, their sales and such, in approximately a month or at most, a month and a half,"

I nod, frowning, why did this have to do with my schedule, I already knew about this. Daniel Howell, good man he was. We related quite a lot, which he didn't know about, since my own homosexuality was my own secrecy. He seemed happy, and was fairly accepted when he came out with his boyfriend Phil Lester. I was surprised at his courage.

"However," Rose nasally continues, "This meeting crashes with your trip to Detroit to start up your latest branch there, so we'll have to send you there this coming weekend,"

I shake my head, "No, make it in two weeks, I have places to be," I didn't actually. I just didn't want to travel yet. I had only come back from a huge business meeting in Rome, it seemed extremely tiring to go again.

She nods and rushes off, letting me breathe finally. I have yet to call my driver to pick me up from the office so I can go ahead and meet Maximus, and on top of that, my designers are coming over today to work on our latest winter line of leather. It really does pay to be the CEO but sometimes, timetables become extremely hectic and it gets harder to focus.