Car Rides & Conversation

~ N ~

When we get in the car, Harry sits as far away from me as possible which drives me into waves of laughter. It would have been awkward, me laughing alone but I hear Roger laughing along at the tall lads antics and I smile wider. It's quite obvious Harry doesn't find it amusing, which is basically why I'm even laughing so hard; just to piss him off.

Truth is, I don't know why he doesn't like me. I do have a hunch though, which has something to do with the fact that we're basically water and vinegar, and in that case I don't like him either, but I kind of saved the idiots business, give me some credit. I know he isn't that stupid, running hat business and all, and I know he wouldn't have signed the paper knowing the catch, but, I saved his ass from a long conversation with the weird velvet suit guy, who's name I learnt to be Maximus.

"So, Harry," I ask, looking over at him, pressed against the car door, as unsafe as that is, "Aren't you gonna ask where I live?"

He throws me a judgmental look as if I should know exactly why he's silent, "Obviously, I'm going to my office first, I have a meeting, and as for you, once Roger has dropped me off, he'll do the same for you,"

"Why aren't you dropping me off first, I have Uni," I frown, looking outside the window, at the city. Such a modern place now, compared to what I had seen when I was younger. It was, well, it was a mechanical town now. Back when we were kids, me and my mates, people used to work for directions instead of asking Siri, and actually talked to each other instead of texting.

"My meeting is definitely more important," he says, ignoring any sight outside the car and staying fixated on his iPhone, "Uni can be delayed, just for a bit anyway,"

I stare, "Actually, my education is very important to me, I'm gonna become a huge businessman, kinda like you and for that I have to go to school,"

I swear I see a hint of a smile on his lips, but he stays silent, answering his emails as far as I can see, "What school do you go to?"

I look out the window again, as I had been doing every time he answered me with a short answer, "I go to Manchester University,"

This time, I watch as Harry finally fully smiles and even raises his eyebrows. I would be lying if I said I wasn't proud of impressing him, "Ah. Really? I went there for an year. And then started my own business, I had been planning it for a long time actually,"

And after giving me the longest answer he had yet, he goes back to looking down at his phone, typing fast, "Why're you always on your phone, though?"

He doesn't look up, but continues to type, I call his name again and he finally looks up, meeting my gaze, "Huh?"

"Why are you always on our phone? Look outside its a beautiful day," I say, trying to sound as less as I could to a preppy pep talker.

Harry frowns, looking at me, "Don't try to act like you're my guardian, I do what I want,"

Woah there.

"Don't you mean your mummy? She probably asks you why you're on your phone all the time anyway, right?" I ask rhetorically and roll my eyes, taking out my own phone from my pocket, which unfortunately was still not working.

I feel Harry stiffen beside me and look up to see his posture going from relaxed to incredibly rigid and I know I've said something wrong. He sharply turns towards me, his face expressionless but for the first time since I've seen him, I'm intimidated by the strong look. He has a sharp jawline and really deep eyes and it works well for him, definitely.

"Niall," he venomously says my name, slowly, yet sharply, "You're only here for a ride to your university, nobody asked you to open your mouth, zip it,"

Ouch.

Harsh.

I do as he says, staying silent for most of the car ride limiting my sassy remarks, but when we show up at the building, probably his office main building because of the big bold italic letters on top saying Styles & Co. , I can't help but let out a cross between a gasp and a sigh because of my sudden amazement by the fancy place.

Harry glances at me, and then opens the door to get out of the car. Momentarily, I watch him, as he says something privately to Roger and when he isn't looking, I slip out of the open car door to get out of the SUV and then stand silently behind him.

I watch as he types something on to his phone, and he is about to turn around but he gets startled when he sees me, "What the fuck? Get back in the car!"

I ignore him, and walk forward, letting his loud protests in one ear and out the other. I'm impressed that this is his business. I wasn't expecting such a huge building and branches and stuff. Now that I thought about it, maybe I had shop at the place once or twice. This was just the building, but I could see the shops on the first floor; Styles & Co Men, Styles & Co Women, Styles & Co Kids, and even Styles & Co Neutral.

I gained quite a lot of respect for him, and it made me happy seeing he's taken in account of all genders. I think I go quite too deep into my awe because I don't even realize him standing next to me until he huskily whispers, startling me.

"Done gawking?" He says, sending a very weird sensation up my spine, "Roger doesn't have time to spare,"

I nod, looking at him. He is staring at me, his green eyes darker than I thought they were now that they were being shadowed by his long eyelashes. I actually felt slightly insecure after seeing his godlike looks, he was sort of like one of those Greek gods with the high cheekbones and beautiful tan creamy skin which is definitely a good look on him. And how he absolutely rocked the suits he was wearing, the suits I would dread to even look at on a shop. It was obvious he was super top notch.

"Niall?" He breaks me out of my short trance and I avert my gaze to the ground, "It's alright, I always make some times for admirers,"

What a narcissist bitch.

"I was only looking at your zit," I say, moving backwards and turning around shortly to walk back to the car. Just as I'm about to shut the door, I scream, "I recommend Biorè from the Kal corporation, order it, comes all the way from Japan,"

And with that, I let Roger drive me to my designated destination, with the thought of his beautiful zit-free face in my mind.

Thank you for all the reads and comments:)

I saw the comments on the last chapter, y'all are sweet:) I didn't expect people to read it but I promise I'll update frequently. Thanks again, loves:)

Have a good day/night:)

CrazyMofoAlwaysX