Chapter 2

All these thoughts swarmed into my head. "Mommy" was on a constant replay until Carson shook me back to my senses. "Caroline is he you're" "here you can sit with me Percy said quickly "your mommy hast to drive us home". Percy knew I didn't want this, he knew I couldn't deal with this. I quickly shoved Carson out of the seat and took the wheel and continued to drive us back to the base. "So what's your name" Jessica asked! "James" the boy quietly mumbled. "Mommy where's daddy"? I slammed the brakes and my eyes started to tear up. Carson quickly came to my rescue. " he's out exploring the lands and finding you a special suppose to bring home to you" a smile appeared to James face. I stared the car back up as we drove over the bridge and into the lot where our base was located. I jumped out and called Jessica to follow, all I wanted to do was get an explanation, I felt pain as this little boy thought of me as his mother and his father out "adventuring". I stormed through the doors with Jessica trotting after me. "Brian, where the hell are you, Brian" "ahh Caroline back already, and Jessica how are you honey". Brian was the leader of our group and by the far the smartest, he once worked in South America before all this went down and quickly fled with a lot of classified information that had helped us out, he was also Jessica's father. "Hi daddy, something happened", "is everyone okay, Percy and Carson", "they are fine" I blurted out "this kid, he walked up to us, and and he called me his mom, and asked about his dad" I now realized I was crying as Carson walked in I turned around from his view. Brian started thinking "Jessica go take care of Caroline, Carson bring in the kid" "his name is James" Percy announced. There would be no way I could walk away now with this kid in front of me. " mommy can we play together" I cringed at the word play. " yes let's go... play" I took his tinny hand as we walked down the teal blue hallway and through the cherry red doors and into my room. My room was basically a big square with dividers set up to make a living space, my bed room part of the room contained my personal belongings and I few toys I kept over the years. " I'll be right back, now go sit on the bed, okay?" "Yup" he said. I walked to my closet, I had to get these clothes off. I peeled the gray leather jacket off and tore the black lace shirt off, jumped out of my jeans and kicked of my black boots. I found a pair of black leggings and a cream colored sweater and some brown boots, I have always been a person of change. "Now let's see what toys we have" I finally got to look at the kid and he looked just like me, thick brown hair and icy blue eyes, and the same big cheekbones. Even though I wasn't ready for this I wasn't about to leave a three year old out alone by himself. " look what I found, this is Molly my dog, and this is Braxton the cat". James picked up the limp cat and giggled at it, we played for hours until Percy came in telling us it was time for dinner. We walked trough the hallway, " so how's it going" " well we played and played and played". "I'm sorry that this happened to you Caroline I saw your face when he came up to you, and I'm going too be here for you no matter-" I cut him of and hugged him. "You are right this is hard, but I'm not going to give up on him". "I'm hungry" James wined and I quickly realized what me and Percy where doing, I broke up the hug, "uhh let's get some food". We walked into the mess hall with the big round table where our group ate. The big round table had 8 chairs pulled up instead of 7. "Hey guys you might wanna see this" as Jessica called us over. I picked up James and walked over to the T.V screen where we saw it. Southters walking our way.