Where Do These Belong? Miscellaneous Punctuation etc

Hyphens(n dash)= never follow adverbs, should be used in compound adjectives, compound verbs and compound words.

Dash (m dash) = Use to offset information that is mot essential to the sentence, also can be used sparingly in place of commas or semicolons.

Parenthesis(brackets) = Used to offset a digression or idea.

Comma= NOT for a dramatic pause or breath. Use to denote separate clauses, in lists, non-restrictive relative clauses(NOT restrictive relative), and dialogue.

Semicolon= You'll probably only use it to show you've been to school; it's not necessary anywhere other than between clauses that are too closely related to be separate sentences.

Colon= Introducing explanation of previous clause, introducing list, before quotation(sometimes speech)

Ellipses(thank you, @AlysArden)= dot, dot, dot (...). 

Ellipses in narrative prose should be limited. When overused it does not add dramatic tension it makes for distracting gaps that could otherwise be filled with articulation. In dialogue, when used to show hesitation as a non-fluency feature, should always be three periods. No more, no less. If the ellipses prelude a change in the utterance, a single space must come after and the following word must begin with a capital:

'I just... Can't you undestand?'

or 'He said... He said for me to shut up.'

When used to show pause alone, no capital is needed:

'I just... need to know.'

EllipSIS is different; used to show a section of text has been omitted in formal writing. Other punctuation after and before ellipsis should only be used in this case.

Commas after and preceding names: You need a comma before and possibly after a proper noun or a term of endearment. 

'Please take me to the party, Derek.'

'Dad, I love you.'

'It's you, Lizzy, it's always been you.'

'Sweetheart, he's dead.'

Speech tags= verbs that denote speech and dialogue: said, whisper, cried, screamed, shouts, murmurrs etc. It's very easy to overuse speech tags and a lot of new writers flout the 'said enough' principle. 'Said' is enough. You do not need to have 'he quipped', 'she squawked', 'they demanded', 'he requested'. 'Said' is enough. Anything else distracts and is lazy. Overused speech tags often lead to overused adverbs with 'He mumbled angrily', 'I hinted cheekily'. No, use actions and paralinguistic descriptions to show your character's mood and attitude. I won't bother going over the 'show don't tell' idea because if you're here you should already know that.

However, it is important to remember- if you're determined to ignore 'said enough'- that speech tags need to actually be physically possible. 

Hello there, he hissed.

You can't hiss 'hello there' your lips don't form the hissing snarl that's physiologically needed in order to make the sibilant hissssssss noise.

Nor can you 'snarl' many coherent sentences unless you're a telepathic animal.