Maybe we could hang out sometime... or something

Vic and Kellin have worked in the same mall for six months and never had a proper conversation. Even though they have never talked, Vic has developed a crush on Kellin, the quiet kid from hot topic. A slight run-in gets them talking. What could this lead to?

Genre: Smut

Vic's POV:

I walked out of the break room where all the employees from different stores in the mall hang out. As I pushed the door open, another person was there, pulling it from the opposite side. None other than Kellin Quinn, the boy from the hot topic store. Hot topic is across the hall from the store that I work in, a music store. I have a perfect view of him constantly. Its easy to say I developed a small crush on him over the past couple months. He was cute and innocent. Beautiful. The innocence was intriguing. Like there was something behind it. Maybe its just my imagination. 

Kellin stumbled back a little bit before regaining balance again. "Shit, sorry. I swear there is always someone behind this door when I open it." I said, hoping he couldn't tell I got excited just standing next to him. I watched  as color filled his pale cheeks, he glanced into my eyes before looking down at his feet. "Yeah, um its cool. No worries." He muttered, turning away to leave. "Wait." I stopped him. He paused in his tracks, turning around. "What?" He asked, chewing on the inside of his lip. 

"I thought you were going into the break room. Why are you leaving?" I asked, grinning widely. "Oh yeah, right." He said under his breath, still not looking at me. He went to walk past me again and I opened the door for him. "Thanks." He said quietly. He was halfway through the door when I stopped him again. "Hey Kellin." I said, finally pushing my nerves to the back of my mind. "Yeah..." He turned around looking a little confused. 

"Maybe we could hang out sometime... or something." I said, trying to sound casual. His cheeks regained the color from before and he looked down again. "I've never really talked to you before. Why all of a sudden do you want to hang out with me?" He asked, glancing up. His eyes locked with mine and my breathing hitched. "Um, I guess I saw the opportunity and I took it." I stammered. "Sure. I'll hang out with you." He said in his sweet voice. It was like music to my ears. He took a sharpie out of his back pocket and, gently took my hand. His hands were small and soft. "You free after work?" I asked. He wrote his number on my hand and nodded.

"Well you can come over to my place after work if you want." I said, my confidence growing stronger as the situation got better. "Yeah sure. I'll meet you there after work. Just text me your address." Kellin smiled, getting more comfortable with me. "Alright, cool. I'll see you later then." I said, smiling back. He nodded and walked into the break room without another word. I went back to the music store, counting down the minutes until I got to leave. 

...

I closed up the store and got in my car, rushing home. I told everyone in my family not to come down to the basement because I was having a friend over before running downstairs and making sure everything looked okay. I had texted Kellin before and told him to come in the side door that led to my basement. Within 15 minutes I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Vic?" He asked, his voice warming my heart. "Yeah down here." I called back, watching as he walked down the stairs. 

"I think your brother was watching me from the kitchen." Kellin said, standing in front of me with his arms wrapped around his small frame. I rolled my eyes. Mike always had to involve himself in my social life. "Sorry about that, nosy younger brothers. Anyways, make yourself comfortable." I said, smiling at him. He sat next to me on the couch, his arms still wrapped around himself. "So, why did you invite me here anyway?" He asked, smiling at me. "I don't know. You seemed like a cool guy I guess." I said, my face heating up. That was possibly the stupidest answer in the entire world.