O•btruded

Harry walks home. The night was only beginning to show itself, the cold settling in as it always does and the clouds finding their way to block the pretty colours from the sunset to ever be in view. And Harry likes sunsets.

But it doesn't matter, his back is turned to the sun and his eyes are fixed on the small footpath in front of him as he slowly dawdles along. He wasn't really looking forward to going home this time like he usually is. He was sure his mother would be caught up with her new boyfriend and Harry has a strong dislike for the guy.

He didn't know what it was about him, he's just so there. He was shoved into Harry's life and took over everything after his real father left without warning. Harry knows he's being stubborn and biased towards this guy but there's still something off about him.

Not that he can do anything about it, his sister left a long time ago to 'find herself' as she told him one night. She didn't tell anyone and Harry was young and confused at the time so agreed to letting her leave at the mere age of 15. She's since been back once or twice over the years but never stayed long enough for a proper catch up with Harry. And to explain why she really left in the first place.

Harry shakes his head. He doesn't want to think about all of this now, he's almost home and he's got homework to do. He shoves his hands in his pockets and retrieves his house keys and twirls them around his fingers until he's stopped in front of his house.

It's dark inside, no sign of life at all once he's opened the door. He slips out of his shoes easily and leaves them by the door and wanders to the kitchen. The tiles are cold against his feet and there's a draft blowing at his ankles, this house doesn't feel homely anymore.

He doesn't bother with the light so he uses the one inside the fridge to scavenge for a slice of bread with some butter and jam, that's enough for dinner tonight he supposes.

Once he reaches his room up the stairs he hears the front door open along with an array of voices of which some are familiar and some not.

Harry makes himself comfortable on his bed and listens to the conversations downstairs for a while as he eats his bread before lying down. His thoughts are of the events of today, meeting Louis. Nothing else really happened worth giving a thought about besides maybe dropping the beaker in science during first period. Harry feels guilt for a while before back to the nervousness he feels about Louis. He felt childish around him yet he desperately wanted to be Louis' friend. He seemed so lovely and captivating but he was intimidating at the same time. Being an (alleged) rich lawyer who probably drives a fancy car and lives in a fancy house would do that though.

As of now, Harry will attempt to charm Louis into being his friend whether they were allowed to or not.