M•utual

Louis arrived, wrapped in a jumper and hair slightly awry. He looked soft and welcoming in a way in which Harry loved very much.

He invited him in and sat him on the old couch and went to make tea. He could feel Louis watching him, watching how he flowed through the kitchen with ease. Usually Harry would find this awkward but this time he felt as if this was normal.

Pretty far from normal though, he was home alone with this handsome lawyer and he was making tea. It was late, too.

"Thanks for coming, I really had nothing to do tonight." Harry passed Louis his cup and took a seat next to him.

"Neither did I, so thanks for the invite." He smiled then, setting down his cup and turning to face Harry.

"How was school? Wait, no, that's such a boring question. I don't wanna be the annoying adult who asks about that." Louis laughed awkwardly. "We have Leaps to talk about that, not here. I don't want to waste this."

Oh, nice. Harry thought he was going crazy. What the hell does Louis want from him, he doesn't understand. He's just an awkward 17 year old boy just barely stepping into adulthood. One who has a chubby face, big brown curls that seem to just go everywhere and he's so short. At least he thinks so. What does Louis see in him?

He's just being insecure now.

"That's okay, and school was alright I suppose. Mostly boring." And lonely, Niall wasn't there. He just third wheeled with random classmates and hovered around as he does.

"I also wanna apologise for the other day. I don't know why, I was just really nervous."

Change of subject now, what?

"Yeah?"

Louis paused, he did the thing where his gaze was just over Harry's shoulder and just missing eye contact. Now there was that tension again and Harry didn't like it. He was nervous too, now.

"I know it probably seems so weird, and especially because of this stupid age gap but," he sighed, "and the other day I was thinking about this, but, it's still so weird, I feel this weird thing with you and I can't explain it."

Harry said nothing. He just nodded.

Louis continued anyway. "I think you feel the same, like I really need to see you most days. And I think about you so much you see, too much. I get so distracted because of you, Harry." He shrugged, and this time he looked at Harry. His eyes flickered from the top to the bottom of Harry's face as he studied him.

"What are you gonna do then?" Harry leaned back slightly, his back resting on the arm rest but his gaze fixed on Louis.

"I think it's not up to me, I can't dictate it."

They remained silent. Harry thought about what he meant, and he got it. At least he thought so. He hoped so.

"Really?" Just to make sure.

"This is your call."

That was that, Harry leaned forward and kissed Louis. He was right, this is definitely what he wanted. This is what Louis wanted.

It maybe was the strangest feeling ever, he'd never kissed anyone ever before this. But he liked it anyway, he could taste Louis and he tasted like tea and other things that wouldn't come to mind. Harry could feel his stubble, he could feel Louis' hands placed on his lower back.

This was crazy. Just so crazy.

Louis pulled away first. He didn't say anything as he pulled Harry closer, he slid his hands up his jumper and he looked so intense. Harry was against him, their chests flush and he could feel Louis' breathing. He wondered if Louis could feel how hard his heart was beating and how out of place he felt.

But none of those thoughts mattered when Louis captured Harry's lips with his again, Harry thought of nothing. Except Louis of course. His hands were everywhere now, sometimes just resting on Harry's ass and sometimes gripping his waist. Harry ran his fingers through Louis' hair in return. He didn't feel welcome to touch Louis yet.

But Harry heard a car in the driveway just as he felt Louis' erection pressed against his thigh.

"Okay, fuck. That's my mum I think." Harry sat up quick, his eyes glued to the door.

"Uh, what?" Louis was confused. He sat up now too.

They both sat there listening to the voices outside. Harry knew it was his mum and her boyfriend now. She'd probably scream if she saw Harry had invited someone over. Mostly from shock that Harry actually talks to people.

"We should go to my room I think, she never goes in there." Harry got off the couch, and lead Louis up to his room just as the front door opened and his mum stumbled in. She was laughing, Harry assumed she was drunk or something. It didn't sound like she was having friends over fortunately, it was just her and her boyfriend.

Harry shut the door quietly. Louis was standing in front of him smirking slightly, cheeks red.

"I feel like I'm in high school." He chuckled and flopped down on Harry's bed.

"Sorry," and Harry joined him.

"No, I like it." He pulled Harry closer again, his hands wondering up his jumper and his breath hot against his neck.

Harry melted into Louis' touch, this time letting his hands wander. He mimicked Louis' movements against him, kissing, touching, just exploring each other.

•••

Harry woke up in a dark room in what he assumed to be his bed, it felt like it. He didn't really remember even falling asleep but he must've somehow.

It took him a while to notice he wasn't even alone, another body lay next to him. Harry could see it was Louis. His jeans had been taken off and he was only partially covered by the duvet, as was Harry.

This was a bit strange now that he actually thought about it. But he liked it, he liked how Louis brought something exciting into his life. And he wanted nothing more than Louis, this was all too perfect to him.

It scared him, too. He couldn't shake the thought that nothing good lasts forever. That was a bad feeling.