Chp 7

Ella POV

As I walked into the common room, there were people everywhere, trying to find books, finish homework, or even send letters. In all of the chaos, I could see my brother looking for me. As fast as I could, I ran out of the common room, up to the portrait of the Fat Lady.
"Hello, lady. May I please come in?" I asked sweetly, smiling.
"Oh dear, of course. Don't cause any more trouble though." She winked discreetly. The door swung open, revealing the same madness that I had just escaped.
I could see a familiar red headed girl in the corner, rushing to find her school robes.
"Hi Ginny. How are you today?" I asked, making her jump.
"Oh, hey Ella, um, I'm fine. Fred is looking for you." She said, smiling slightly.
"OK thanks." I said over my shoulder, as I watched two tall red heads walk down the stairs. As soon as they saw me, they walked over.
"hello beautiful." Fred said, kissing me sweetly. After a second, we pulled away.
"Moooooooorning" George said, glancing around awkwardly. "Shall we go then, Fred, Ella? I'm starved." He said, putting hid arm up and hooking it around mine. Fred did the same from the other side.
"We shall." I giggled as we skipped through the corridors, people watching us the whole way.
"Hey, Freddie?" I asked softly, giving him my best puppy eyes and jutting out my bottom lip. He looked at me and laughed, throwing his head back. When he had calmed down from his fit of laughter, he mirrored my face.
"What Ellie?" He asked, making me giggle.
"Can I pwease sit with you? I don't want to talk to The meanie." I said, pointing to Cedric, who was glaring daggers at our intertwined hands.
He looked at Cedric, frowning and shook his head. "No, I want you two to make up. If it helps though, I'll sit over there with you."
"Fine." I said, pouting. He reached down and picked me up, carrying me over and placing me on his lap, in between Sophia and my brother. Cat and Sophia were laughing hystericaly at Cedric's face, which was contorted with a mixture of anger, sadness, confusion, and betrayal. Suddenly, the anger took over.
"ELLA ELANA DIGGORY," he screamed, grabbing my arm tightly and dragging me off of the bench.
"COMMON ROOM. NOW." He yelled, dragging me out of the Great Hall. The second we were out of the doors, I pulled my arm from his grasp, screaming, "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!? FRED CONVINCES ME TO TALK TO YOU AND YOU DRAG ME OUT OF THE GREAT HALL?!? I honestly cannot believe you. Just leave me alone." I stormed back into the Great Hall, leaving my brother utterly shocked and angry in the hallway.
I had not yet realized that there were several tears streaming down my face. I walked to Fred, who had his arms out, and buried my face into his chest, hugging him tightly. He leaned down to my height and whispered in my ear. Let's go. He then grabbed my hand and walked swiftly away, towards the pile of barrels that I had been coming through since my first year. I reached out, tapping the correct barrel to the correct melody until it swung open, allowing us to enter.
"Fred, why does this happen? He always goes balistic whenever I do anything." I asked, looking into his eyes.
He answered quickly. "It's quite simple actually. George, Ron, and I are the same way with Ginny. He obviously doesn't want you to get hurt. On top of that, he doesn't exactly trust me." He said, playing with my hair.
I thought about this for a minute before nodding. Looking at the time, I jumped up.
"Bloody hell, we're late. I have potions first as well." I groaned, kissing my boyfriend's cheek before grabbing my bag and sprinting out of the room, towards the dungeons.
Running into the potions room, everyone turned to look at me. Snape came up to me, leaning over so that his face was right in front of mine.
"Ms.Diggory, may I ask why exactly you are late?" He drawled intimidatingly.
"I was um.... I slept in a bit sir.... I'm sorry...." I stuttered, rushing to the front of the room and sitting in my seat.