Chapter One

Chapter One

It was an accident, I swear! It was never supposed to happen! I mean, I'm a guy and I would never purposely kiss another guy! Especially him. You're probably wondering who the hell I'm ranting about...

His name is Blake Patterson. He was one of those quiet guys who just wandered around alone at school, never smiled, never spoke. He was a major creep and everyone avoided him. He looked like the type to start a school rampage if you ask me!

And I knew he hated me. We were assigned to work together on an English project and he went up to the teacher. Two seconds later, I was forced to work with my idiot twin brother, Devin, who just rolled around on the floor half the time. Blake had the honor of working on his own.

I never got why he hated me. Maybe because I had friends, he didn't. My brother didn't hate me, his brother hated his guts from what I've heard. I had both my parents, he lived with his uncle. Or maybe that was just me being a dick...

So, anyway, that whole thing at the beginning is the truth and I swear on my grave! I was just fucking around at a party, way too much to drink. The alcohol had my brain buzzing and I couldn't stop laughing as I tried to find the bathroom.

Man, I had to piss!

I felt like my bladder was gonna burst! I smacked into a wall, gasping aloud in frustration and placing both my hands on it before whirling around to walk off, only to slam right into a strong, muscular chest. I groaned in surprise before lifting my face up, vision distorted for a second before I found myself staring drunkenly up at Blake Patterson, who was holding a bottle of Budlight beer.

"Oiii, it's you... You -hic- told Mr. Whatever that you didn't -hic- work with meeee.... How come you don't -hic- like me?" I managed, glaring up at him the best I could. I felt like I was threatening a derranged killer. Maybe I was suicidal? Maybe it was my fault that it happened with this guy...

Blake frowned deeply, as usual, folding his arms over his chest. He was studying my face for a second before his expression smoothed out to a blank mask.

"You're drunk, Danny." Whoa, Godzilla spoke! His voice was interesting... Very manly, ya know?

"I ain't -hic- drunk! I... I'm just dizzy. Spin the bottle, bad game..." I mumbled and tried to shove past him, but when my shoulder bumped into his, I lost my balance and stumbled back, hitting the wall. I watched as Blake lunged to catch me around the waist. I yelped and caught onto his arms, looking up in time for my lips to crash into his.

My eyes widened and it was like I sobered up in an instant as I found myself staring right into Blake's bright blue-green eyes, his lips against mine before he pulled away, but not completely. His lips were brushing, breathing, against mine. I finally made a noise, a little girly squeak that shot my ego down into the ground.

"Come on," Blake said suddenly, trying to hike me up against the wall so I was on my feet now, "We need to lay you down somewhere..." He acted as if that kiss never happened! Part of me was relieved, but another part of me just couldn't forget it. How embarrassing!

I, Danny Carter, star basketball player and girl magnet had just kissed a guy. And not just any guy, but the social outcast, Blake Patterson. Oh god, if anyone saw this, my rep would be non-existent!

I quickly snapped my head from side to side to see if anyone had caught us, but no one was there. Just the playful and drunken laughter from the den where most of the party was taking place. I looked back at Blake, but he was too busy trying to keep me steady because I was swaying.

I stared at his face, but it was blank. Stared at his lips, and I could just feel them on mine, just by looking at them. By now, I was feeling sick with embarrassment, sick with shock and horror. I had just kissed another guy.... Oh god...