I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Blake's POV)

"So, is this just what we're gonna do every time we go to your house?" Danny asked, twirling his fork through his noodles, flinging tomato sauce on the counter top before he stuffed a bunch of noodles into his mouth. I cocked a brow at him and set my fork down.

"I'm waiting for you to tell me everything that happened to you today."

"What are we?! A married couple?!"

"If that makes you talk, sure. Pretend I'm your husband."

"No! I'll be the husband."

"Okay, darling, tell me how your day was." I drawled, resting my chin on my fists as I watched Danny blush and squirm a little on his seat. I smirked. He glared at me for a while, then folded his arms over his chest firmly.

"Nothing much. After the first bell, I just overheard that story that Robert asked Marissa's mother to marry him, but that is so far-fetched it's not even funny. I mean, dude, come on. She's in her fifties and she's like a bazillion years older than that freshy. So, I just went along with it. I tried to make them shut up about it too, but it didn't work." Danny gave a lopsided frown.

Aw, what a good citizen.

"So?" I asked. Danny rolled his eyes.

"So, then I went to the rest of my classes. Mr. Hartmann tried to give me detention for coming in late after that whole thing with Emily in the hallway. It was a pain in the ass to convince him not too. And you know what? At lunch, Devin came up to me and told me that other rumor. The one about Candy thinking she's related to Angelina Jolie. So just before class, I sorta dropped the question on her and she was all cool about it... And she agreed, so it wasn't a rumor, it was the truth. Well, I mean, that she thinks she's related to her. She's not really. If she was, she wouldn't even be here, right? She'd be in a mansion?"

"Oh, yes, Danny. With servants and maids with the Batmobile sitting her her driveway. Jeez, how gulliable can you get?" I asked, shaking my head. Danny blushed again and glared at me before he flung a noodle at me. It hit me smack on the face.

Oh, for the love of...

I flung a noodle right back at him. Only that noodle ended up being stuck to a couple others, so Danny got a face full of Italian pasta. I laughed. Danny scowled and snatched up a towel, wiping at his face as I watched him, only to hear the Devil's voice come from the hallway.

"Christ, why did your Father make the sun?" Rick groaned, walking into the kitchen, holding his head, but he stopped at the sight of Danny and straightened. I rolled my eyes. Smooth move, you jackass. I watched Danny whirl around and get behind the island counter, closer to me, much to my pleasure.

"Evening, Danny. I didn't know you were coming over. Otherwise, I'd of put some pants on." Yea, sure enough as Rick came out of the hallway fully, he was wearing his silk leopard print briefs. Danny stared at me. I could just hear his telepathic mind shrieking at me to do something about this. I looked at Rick.

"We're gonna leave. If Vic gets back before then, let him know." I told him, rising to my feet and ignoring my meal. Danny just scurried along beside me, staying as far from Rick as he could. Rick just smirked, folding his arms over his chest as we brushed past him.

"Fine, fine, but you'll owe me one, little brother!" He called to me. I tried not to flinch in annoyance at his obnoxious voice before we stepped out into a cool breeze. I sighed, immediately relaxing as I shut the door behind Danny, who glanced up and down our street. He leaned on the railing of the deck, the wind ruffling his hair.