I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen (Blake's POV)

I don't think I've ever woken up feeling this amazing before. It wasn't just the fact that it was the weekend and the sun was warm on my face. It was also the fact that when I opened my eyes, Danny was lying beside me, fast asleep with his face buried between the pillow and my chest. He was curled up against me, his body warming me up immediately.

So last night really did happen. I wasn't dreaming.

I actually did it with Danny Carter.

I sighed in relief and put my arms around him gently, watching his sore wrist as I cradled him against me, savoring every moment. He actually felt so small and fragile in my arms. He looked way more innocent in his sleep too. His eyelashes contrasted against his cheeks, his lips parted slightly so he was breathing quietly. I could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he slept. I could watch him all day.

Of course, leave it to Danny to wake up only seconds later.

His eyes opened slowly at first, glazed over with sleep before he blinked a few times and mumbled something incoherent before he seemed to realize I was sleeping next to him. I expected him to jump out of the bed and freak out, but instead he just yawned a sleepily.

"What time is it?" He murmured. I glanced over my shoulder at the clock, then back again.

"Eleven in the morning."

"Mmm...."

"Did you want to sleep some more?"

"Mmm." I took that as a yes as he sank back against the pillows, his eyes closing. Before I knew it, his breathing was steady again. I rolled my eyes, smirking a little before I slid out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I showered quickly, some part of me almost afraid that Danny would disappear on me, but when I came out, he was still fast asleep in bed, cuddling up with my pillows and blankets surrounding him. I took a mental picture before I got dressed in a pair of black jeans, then headed downstairs. I followed the sweet smell of French toast into the kitchen to find Vic standing over the stove.

Glancing to the side, I saw Rick rubbing his temples and moaning in pain. I cocked a brow when I noticed a bruise on his upper cheek.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked, although, I didn't really care. He just looked like he was in pain and it was amusing me. He seemed to know this and pinned me with a lethal glare.

"Your butt-buddy's brother happened." He retorted. My brows lifted in surprise.

"Devin?" I asked. He scowled and hunched over further, closing his eyes as his fingers brushed over the brush. Vic laughed, making me glance over at him.

"I just knew that some day someone wouldn't succumb to your brother's charms. Looks like Danny's got a smart brother. Kid has a wonderful right hook and caught Rick in the face when the idiot tried to make a move on him, tried to trick him to come home with him. Guess you can tell it was a complete and utter failure." He explained. I couldn't resist and laughed, making Rick snarl a few curses, but I didn't care.

I found it hilarious. Damn straight Rick finally got what he deserved.

"Whatever," Rick snorted, shoving himself away from the counter and getting up, "He likes me. I can tell. At least someone does."

"Don't get your hopes up." I smirked. Rick started at me, but Vic flung his mighty spatula out and smacked him in the chest.

"Down, Bessy. Go shower and come downstairs. I'm sure French Toast is perfect for hangovers, disgrace, and denial." Vic told him. Rick moaned and covered his mouth, shoving past me and heading to the nearest bathroom to up-chuck.