Ch. 11

Warpath's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe the fact the she came out. Actually, I could. Annabeth has always been, what you call, an introvert. No matter how broken she feels on the inside, everyone else comes first. Yeah, sometimes she may have those moments where she puts herself first or in danger like yesterday, but she had a reason for that. I mean, come on, she just found out I was 'dead'. If that isn't an excuse to feel pain, then I don't know what is.

I wish I could say Annabeth was still a very good fighter since I last saw her. But, to say the least, her fighting skills aren't very up to par. Every other jab she made at the Empousa missed. Coincidently, it was Kelli, the Empousa Annabeth had fought all those years ago at Goode High. Damn, that monster never stays dead. I'm pretty sure Annabeth has killed her at least twice before. It hadn't taken much for her to kill Kelli before, but now she was struggling to get any hits.

Annabeth has never struggled much before. I actually couldn't believe it. I take a deep breath, and I decide to go help her.

Artemis' P.O.V.

I stopped fighting when I took a look at the pair fighting next to me.

Annabeth has always been a strong fighter, that's why I wanted her to be one of my hunters. But since Perseus disappeared four years ago, it's like she gave up altogether. She didn't practice like she used to, she didn't help others, she just... Gave up. We all saw how it broke her when Chaos showed us how the poor boy died.

I've had my suspicions that Percy really didn't die when I saw Warpath. Of course, I wasn't sure if I was right or not. Why would Chaos lie to us like that? Why would he hurt Annabeth like that? But it makes sense if Warpath was Percy, because he obviously wouldn't want us to know that he is alive.

I look around me and see that I'm not the only one who stopped fighting to watch the pair. I see why everyone would stop, anyhow.

Annabeth wasn't doing very well before. But now that Warpath has joined her... There's like an aura of power surrounding them. They're both strong fighters, it's very obvious. Watching them fight is like watching Annabeth and Perseus fight side-by-side again. Which makes me think my suspicions are true about him.

After this fight, I've got to check it out.

An hour later: War/Council Room

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Katie Gardner, Daughter of Demeter."

Travis Stoll burst into tears when his girlfriend was mentioned.

"Jake Mason, Son of Hephaestus."

Leo Valdez tried to keep his tears in at the mention of his brother.

"Pollux, Son of Dionysus."

At least he'll be with his brother?

"Michael Kahale, Son of Venus."

The list just kept going and going. No one expected this attack to happen so soon, let alone so many to die. 103 demigods died during the first battle.

All the head counselors sat around the old fashioned ping pong, all silently crying. Well, some weren't very silent, but you get the picture.

Warpath didn't like all the feelings, for he hasn't felt any in 4,000 years. Fighting with Annabeth seemed to have opened up something inside of him that he spent many years closing, and Warpath wasn't very happy about it.

Finally having enough of the sob-fest, Warpath left the Council Room and walked down to the beach.

Artemis, who had saw Warpath, saw this as the right moment to see if she was right or not, followed him out and down to the beach.

____________________________________

So, I wanted this to be longer, but I am so lazy that I just didn't do that. Plus, I haven't updated in a billion years so I had to give you guys something.

When I finish my other story, I'm going to take a break before I start the sequel to it and focus on finishing this one. I know how I want this one to end, I'm just having trouble creating the mess in between everything. I'm also still trying to get used to the characters, how they think, and all that jazz.

What did you guys think of this very short chapter? Do you think Warpath will tell Artemis the truth when she confronts him? I can't wait to hear all of your feedback. :D

Also, I'm trying to create a cast. What do you guys think of Tyler Hoechlin as Percy? Just imagine him with sea green eyes and no beard.

 What do you guys think of Tyler Hoechlin as Percy? Just imagine him with sea green eyes and no beard

Don't forget to vote and comment <3