09| Hell

We got the flares working in the end. They were beautiful. I'd never seen anything so great. It was a spectacular moment and a wonderful atmosphere. After the last flare went off, everybody started to retire to their tents. I wasn't very tired after all the hype, so lingered around outside, watching the night sky. I wondered if the Ark really had seen our flares. Maybe my mom was watching too.

"Hey."

I groaned when I put a face to the voice behind me. I didn't want to talk to Bellamy at all so I stood stood up from my spot against the tree and started to walk away. I couldn't believe he even had the nerve to talk to me after what he did.

"Billie-"

"Goodnight, Bellamy."

I heard him jogging to catch up with me and I paused, crossing my arms and facing him. I was furious but I held my tongue, not wanting to say anything I didn't truly mean. Although, a lot of words did come to mind.

"Please, just listen."

I turned around with a sigh. The flames from his torch were illuminating his skin. His brown eyes searched mine. "I'm listening."

"Okay, before you start yelling at me can you just tell me if you've seen Octavia?" I scoffed and he got defensive before I could even answer his question. "Look, i've told you, I'm sorry."

"Sorry just doesn't cut it, Bellamy. And Octavia? No. I haven't seen her," He sighed and I saw a worried look sketch onto his face so I quickly added, "I'm sure she's fine."

"Yeah. Thanks anyway," He started walking through camp, shouting her name. I watched after him, growing increasingly worried for my friend too. Maybe she did want some alone time. But being alone out here was dangerous. Plus I really hadn't seen her for hours. I groaned. I was still mad at Bellamy and didn't even want to speak to him, but Octavia was my friend. If something had happened, I would never forgive myself.

"Bellamy!" I called out as I headed over to him. "Let me help," I took the flame torch from his hand and we headed over to Clarke's tent.

"You're up?" Bellamy asked when we reached her.

"Yeah." She stood up. "Knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on the Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep," She snapped.

"Raven's flares will work," Bellamy assured.

Clarke's entire face hardened. "Her radio would've worked better."

A brief flicker of hurt seemed to cross Bellamy's face but he ignored her statement. "Have you seen Octavia?"

"No," She replied, not sounding worried at all. "It's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies."

"Clarke, I've checked the camp. She's not here," Hearing the panic in Bellamy's voice actually really alarmed me. Usually, he was the calm one. Clarke's eyes found mine and I gave her a gentle shrug.

"Ok. I'll help you find her. Let's check again. You go to the dropship. Billie and I will check the rest of the tents," She ordered.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me I'm not doing this for you," Clarke responded coldly. "I'm doing it for Octavia."

Her words even hurt me so I can't imagine how Bellamy felt. Clarke Griffin was definitely not the same person anymore. And despite our moment of reconciliation earlier today, I didn't know how long it would take for us to break again. She's changed. And right now, I don't think it's for the better.

After a while of searching with no luck, Bellamy woke up the entire camp. "Hey, everybody, gather around and grab a weapon. My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her."