28| Gone

Finn and Clarke had finally arrived at the dropship, although not quite how we expected.

Clarke had been badly injured by a Grounder on the way, which obviously set everybody on high alert as we knew they were nearby. Whilst Clarke, Finn, Freddie and Raven remained in the dropship, Bellamy, Murphy and I stood guard, keeping our eyes peeled for any movement.

There was nothing for a while, not a sound, until Murphy leaned over and whispered something to Bellamy. I stiffened, glancing up to look through the scope of my gun.

"We got company!" I heard Bellamy call out to the dropship. "Get out here!"

I spotted Finn appear a few seconds later and my eyes widened as I waved my arm at him. "Get down!"

The Grounders were difficult to spot at first, because of how quick and nimble their movements tended to be. But soon, they became much more visible over our walls. Dread filled me as I wrestled to keep the negative thoughts out of my mind.

"We're surrounded," Bellamy stated, glancing back at me and nodding. "Back inside!" He ordered, quickly placing his hand on my shoulder as we began to make our way back inside the dropship. I noticed Clarke had come outside amongst all the commotion, which gave me some hope that the injury wasn't too bad.

"You okay?" She questioned me as soon as I got inside, concern drawing on her face. I moved to sit down on a metal bench beside her, giving her a small nod in response.

"Are you?"

She pursed her lips, saying nothing, nodding simply, just like I did. The two of us sat in silence, me watching as Bellamy and Murphy stood either side of the cloth covering the door. Occasionally, one of them would take a quick look outside.

"They're not moving any closer," Bellamy eventually informed, stepping away from the entrance. "Staying out of range. Probably waiting until it's dark."

"If we hit them now, at least we'd take them by surprise," Murphy suggested, also moving away.

"We don't even know how many of them are out there," Clarke countered exasperatedly.

"I'm not hearing any better ideas, Clarke," Murphy sneered back, causing me to sigh. This whole situation was impossible.

"We'll give them something," Raven suddenly spoke up, everybody's eyes diverting to her. There was a darkness in her tone.

"All they want is Finn," Bellamy pointed out.

"Finn wasn't the only one at the village," she said, keeping her eyes cast down. I frowned, realising what she was hinting towards, and wondering if this was something she'd been thinking about for a while.

"What are you talking about?"

"Raven, I came here to protect him," Murphy reminded, immediately becoming defensive. "You were the one who wanted me to come. You–" he cut off, as he noticed the expression on her face. Surprisingly, Murphy's lips curled into a half hearted smile. "That's why you asked me to come along."

"Enough Grounders saw him at the village," Raven continued. "They'd believe he was the shooter."

"You sick bitch," Murphy muttered, as I watched him through narrowed eyes before turning back to Raven.

"Raven, we can't just do that," I told her. "You're not thinking straight."

"Billie's right, you don't mean this," Clarke stated.

"You know what they do to people," Bellamy added on.

"They want a murderer," she said lowly. "We'll give them one." She lifted her arms, slowly aiming her rifle at Murphy. "Drop your gun."