Chapter 3 - School

The next morning, Michael drove in his car through the traffic on his way to school. He sat in the grid locked road for ten minutes listening to the man on the radio as he blabbed on about the previous nights fire on the high street. Michael frustratedly whacked the steering wheel a couple of tearful times, while accidentally switching on the windscreen wipers in the process. He switched them off as well as the radio and sighed sadly as the sounds of the screaming family inside the house rang through his mind. While the car was stationary, he pulled out his phone from his black heavier pocket and checked it: 3 emails, 4 texts from Bobby and a missed phone call. Michael sighed at the sight of Bobby's name. "FUCK!" He yelled, alerting the people in the car beside his as his cry was heard through two windows.

The traffic began moving again slowly and Michael drove through a residential area where the wealthy folks  in town lived and he couldn't help but admire the big red bricked houses lining the streets. There were fences around every tree along the neighbourhood and green grass lawns with white picket-fences and long driveways. He gazed wide eyes out of the window until he suddenly crashed into something in front of the car, making his head hit the steering wheel. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" A young woman asked as she climbed out of her sleek white car that Michael had just hit.

Michael jumped out of his car and looked upon the car in front of him that was in the middle of reversing out of the girl's driveway. He stood beside his open car door and looked at the worried teenage girl. "Can you be more careful next time?" He questioned harshly as if it wasn't his fault.

"I'm so sorry. But I-I didn't see you" The girl said a little intimidated by the blond teenage boy dressed in all black. She smoothed back some of the long brown hair from her even-toned face and cast her eyes away from the boy as he glared at her.

"I don't suppose you did with your stupid tinted windows" Michael snapped, indicating the dark windows of the girl's little white car. She glanced back at them and frowned, then turned back to Michael and glared. "Are you going to pay for this, princess?" He asked with raised eyebrows. "You could probably get your big money daddy to do it for you" He suggested and looked at the girl's big house looming over the lawn.

The brunette suddenly advanced on Michael and slapped him harshly across the face. "Do it yourself, you piece of shit!" The girl snarled. She turned to walk away but Michael grabbed her wrist, pulling her back to him with only the car door in between them.

"Do not touch me again" Michael growled as a red hand print appeared on his cheek.

The girl yanked her arm away and stepped back from Michael. "There's nothing wrong with your pile of crap anyway!" She yelled just before she climbed back into her car and continued on reversing, turning in her seat to flip off Michael before driving off in the direction of the school. Michael watched with frustration and kicked the side of the car before climbing back in and driving off. He gripped the steering wheel as once again, he felt bad and angry. He looked at his face in the rear view mirror and spotted a new cut on his forehead from the impact of the collision above his already black eye from Bobby's punch. He gritted his teeth as the car rolled along the road and the sounds of the traffic got louder as the front of the school's main building rose over the end of the road.

In the car a few miles ahead, the girl who collided with Michael rested her temples in two fingers as she drove steadily along the busy roads. She indicated left and picked a parking space among the students and staff cars in the school's car park. Checking her face and grabbing her bag, she got out of the car and shut the door, then locked it. As she raised her head from the car, she noticed Michael's small blue car pull into a parking space and watched as he angrily hit the steering wheel again and again, then he screamed. "FUCK!" She heard as he startled her, the feeling of him being a dangerous man looming like a black cloud above him. Checking her phone, she put her head down and walked towards the school entrance, glancing over he shoulder ever now and then to check he wasn't behind her. But Michael wasn't behind her. He was still sitting in his car in silence as the students passed him by about their business. He watched as a couple in the car in front kissed and got out of their car, then as they held hands they shared a tender moment with each other through eye contact.