Chapter 6 - Introductions

"Emma!" The brunette's father yelled up the stairs to his sleeping daughter. She didn't stir in her sleep. "Emma, get up!" He yelled, making her moan and turn over from her awkward position underneath the bed sheets. "Come on, you've got a meeting at the diner in fourth minutes!" Emma heard him say as she placed a hand to her forehead and groaned at the pain of her hangover. She looked up to the clock on her walls and gasped. It was almost two in the afternoon and she was still in last nights dress. She climbed out of bed and stripped out of the tight dress, showered and washed her long hair and returned to her large bedroom wrapped in a warm towel as her father came in with a tray of a cooked breakfast. "Feeling better?" He asked softly, placing the tray at the end of his daughter's big double bed.

"Hmm" Was all Emma could muster as she lazily pulled some clothes out of drawers and brushed her wet hair, squeezing it every few brushes to ring it out. "Thanks dad" She said as he turned to leave her room. He approached her with a tender smile and planted a soft kiss on her forehead before he departed to let his teenage daughter dress herself. "Love you dad" She muttered.

"Love you too" Her dad replied from the top of the stairs just as he started descending.

A little while later, Michael was driving his slightly dented car in the usual traffic jams and drove down the usual road on the usual way to the school. However, upon seeing Emma's house on his usual day trip, he slowed to a stop and beeped the horn, sliding on a pair of sunglasses in the process. He spotted Emma's face as it appeared in one of the windows and he beckoned her out. She exited the house dressed in pale blue ripped skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with black short sleeves and white converse and descended the stone steps while her long brown hair flowed flawlessly in the soft summer breeze as she walked up to the open window of the familiar car. "Hey" Michael said with a trying smile.

Emma scoffed and rolled her eyes. "What do you want?" She asked harshly. She'd a bag of things on her back.

"I just wanted to see if you were still alive" Michael said, holding his hands up in surrender. Emma began to walk along the pavement at a quick pace, but Michael rolled along side her in his car, easily keeping track. "Would you like a lift?" Michael asked, leaning over the hand break to speak out of the window.

"No, thank you. I don't take lifts from creepy guys who try to crash into my car" She replied, her arms folded. She then felt a drop of rain hit her arm and looked around the trees in the street as the clouds slowly began exploding their pockets of rain.

Michael smirked as the rain hit his windscreen. "Maybe now would be good if you don't want to catch a cold" He smiled. Emma stopped and considered for a moment, then opened the car door and hopped into the passenger seat, dropping her bag on the floor in between her feet. "Your welcome for last night" Michael said after a moment of silence between the two of them.

"What?" Emma replied, moving some hair from her face so she could look across at the green eyed teen. She examined his clothes and noticed a bunch of patches and badges attached to the denim jacket and loads of dark coloured bracelets on his right wrist as well as a black SnapBack on his blond head.

"At the party" He said glancing at her from the road and momentarily making eye contact with her lighter green eyes. "Luke was trying it on with you in your little marshmallow outfit and I brought you back to your home"

"Wait. What do you mean 'trying it on'? You mean me and him had-" Emma began, gripping her seatbelt.

"No, not quite" Michael interrupted before she got too panicked. "I think he got your dress up about halfway before I rescued you... and his hands... his hands were everywhere!" He said, shaking his head. He took off his sunglasses and threw them into the glove box where the revolver was. He watched as he saw the barrel of the gun sticking out underneath a black book and some gloves, sighing with relief as the girl wasn't looking.

"His hands? Where did his hands go and define everywhere" She said not looking at the boy.

"Erm..." Michael thought hard about his answer in his head, then opened his mouth but no words came out.

Emma scoffed. "What a fucking tool" She said, biting her finger frustratedly.

"I'm Michael, by the way" He said while extending a hand over the gear stick.

Emma noticed and shook his hand. "Emma" She replied, then turned her attention back out the window as Michael slowed to a stop at some traffic lights. Emma made a move. "I'll get out here" She said, hurriedly climbing out of the car.

"Okay. See you around marshmallow" Michael replied, not noticing that she's left her bag in his car.

"Thanks for the ride" Emma said, leaning down to talk through the open window as Michael put his sunglasses on again.