Chapter 7 - Brace positions

Two days later Michael drove to the school and turned off the engine of his small car, while reaching behind the front seats for his school bag, but he stopped and stared at the scene behind his car: two teenage boys stood right there smoking. Michael clenched his teeth at his dying habit and squeezed his eyes shut with remorse as the cravings returned. He quickly reached into the bag and grabbed his Nicotine spray, and squirted it into his mouth a few times. It was almost empty, but there was just enough for him. With a heavy sigh of relief, Michael shut his eyes momentarily and bowed his head. As he opened then again, he spotted Emma's bag still on the floor of his car and panicked a little. He launched forward and opened the glove box, but breathed relief as his revolver was still in there, untouched. He sat back and stared at the bag for a long time, then checked his phone and his hair in the rear view mirror and adjusted his trademark black SnapBack and climbed out. As he walked through the car park with his hands in his pockets, Michael pushed the sunglasses up on his nose and looked around at the people around him, some of them staring, but he didn't care. "Don't spread rumours about me, Luke!" Michael suddenly heard Emma's voice as she shouted from behind him, making him glance over his shoulder and stop to watch.

"What rumours?" Luke replied, his back to Michael as he began to walk toward him and Emma.

"The ones where you tell everyone I had sex with you at the party the other night!" Emma cried, her voice staring as she bent her neck to look up at the tall blond boy.

Luke lifted his arm and placed it on her shoulder as Michael stopped right behind him. "Come on, you know you enjoyed it" Luke said in a seductive and suggestive tone.

"Luke, turn around for a second" Michael said, forming a fist as the teen faced him, then he threw a hard punch at Luke's face and pulled Emma away from his grasp. Michael took a hold of her wrist and stood in front of her protectively, keeping his eyes fixed on Luke who appeared nervous before him. "Stay the fuck away from her" Michael said firmly and shove Luke backwards.

"Michael, please..." Emma said in a calm tone against the mounting tension.

Luke placed a hand to his already swollen face and spat out a tooth into his palm as a small crowd of people appeared. "Oh don't you worry, buddy, I will be staying away from your little slut friend who walks around everywhere thinking she owns it because her daddy is all rich and powerful!" Luke snarled, glaring at his opponent.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Michael snarled as Emma shrank behind Michael, clutching the short sleeve of his black t-shirt.

"And you" Luke turned to Michael. "I know what you did to those 21 men on the Spanish exchange last year. You are a murderer and she's just a whore who wants nothing more than to jump in the trousers of anyone here if it were to get her straight A's!" Luke growled with a free as his face went a little red and he spat a little.

Michael suddenly advanced, but Emma held him back and the crowd cheered them on for a fight. Luke sent a glare in her direction before turning and striding off to his car across the car park. Michael grabbed Emma's wrist and lead her to his car, stopping just beside the passenger door with his fingers on the door handle. "Do you know what that boy tried to do to you?" He asked quietly.

"You told me, didn't you?" Emma questioned a little self conscious of the people around them.

Michael shook his head and lifted it slightly, the pushed up his sunglasses and looked at her again. "I found him with his dick out and half inside you while you were in and out of sleeping" He told her, stepping forward to lower his voice with a hand on his hip for serious effect.

Emma's face fell and she placed her hand on her stomach, looking queazy. She opened her mouth as if to gag, then turned and looked in disgust at Luke who was watching her from his car, hiss friend Calum sitting on the roof smoking. "Asshole!" She muttered.

Michael tapped the roof of his car and walked around to the other side, climbing in to get the engine started. "Are you coming?" He asked Emma as the window went down.

She shrugged and slapped his thighs, turning to face him and bend down to look at him in the car. "And go where? We can't miss sixth form" She said.

"Don't care" Michael replied as he reached over and opened the passenger door. He watched Emma as she considered for a second with her hands on her hips, occasionally scratching her head in thought. "Oh and also, you're bag is in here" He said, just beige she hopped in and shut the door. He accelerated and drove out of the car park, towards the big roundabout leading to the main road.