Chapter 10 - Drunk Night

Michael closed the front door to his house and put his keys on the hook on the wall while hearing the sound of the television and drunk laughter in the next room made him move faster. Bobby was sat in the living room with a bottle of beer in his hand and cocaine power on the coffee table. He stopped and jumped to his feet when he heard the front door closed, stumbling under the influence. Michael saw his brother standing in the doorway of the living room with the bottle and instantly knew what he was thinking. "What the funk do you call this time, eh?!" Bobby asked rather loudly above the volume of the telly.

Michael checked the clock on the wall then began walking towards the stairs, but Bobby stood in his way. He was skinnier and smaller than his little brother, but he had a beard and a dirty, sweaty chest. "Can you move please, Bobby?" He asked politely.

Bobby's eyes flared up and her smacked Michael across the face suddenly. "Don't take the piss, you little shit!" He cried, whacking Michael repeatedly in the face and in the chest while the poor boy tried to defend himself. "The next time you talk to me like that, I'll gouge your eyes out with a spoon!" Bobby continued to yell and hit Michael.

"Okay, I'm sorry" Michael managed to say I'm amongst all the beatings. He held his arms up in front of his face, but that wasn't good enough.

Bobby stopped and went back into the living room, flopping down into the sofa in his original spot as Michael caught his breath. "Come in 'ere! I want to speak to you about somefing" He ordered and Michael obeyed, sitting in the single chair away from his brother. "No, this girl..." Bobby began, turning the television down so he didn't have to shout. "... What's her status?" He asked, then noticed Michael's furrowed brow. "Does this little bitch have a boyfriend?" Bobby asked in a voice as soft as the child catchers.

Michael glared at Bobby as he took a shot. "No" He relied.

"Wrong. By the end of the week, you will be her boyfriend and you will've been in her at least twice..." Bobby said, rocking back and forth a little from the drinks. "...And when the week is over you can take your little-" he burped. "-girlfriend to the woods and hand her over to-to my guys" He hiccuped as Michael's face grew red with anger.

"No" Michael said, putting his life at risk.

Bobby stopped and looked at him. "What?" He questioned, glaring drunkenly at his little brother.

"I said no. I won't let you or your shitty-faced guys touch her. She's not something that should be touched in that way that you do and it's not fair-!" Michael protested with only a few passionate breaths.

Bobby leaped to his feet and advanced quickly on Michael, forcing him back into his seat with wide eyes. "You will do what I tell you and when I tell you, you little pipsqueak!" He pointed his finger at Michael, centimetres away from his nose. "You think this isn't fair for her? Wait until you see what's going on in my life, then talk to me about fair" Bobby said, then stepped back and wiped his mouth from the spit. Michael breathed quickly a few times as his brother sat down and turned the telly back up loud, then he jumped up from the chair he was in. "OI!" Bobby yelled, as Michael was racing towards the front door. He grabbed his car keys and sprinted out the door as his brother's yells echoed against the houses. "COME BACK HERE, YOU SHIT! GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" Bobby screamed with a gun in his hand, he walked out of the house and stood on the lawn with a cigarette in between his lips as Michael's car started and accelerated away, then he repeatedly pulled the trigger of his gun and shot at the car, hitting it thrice before it was out of range in the darkness. "Nasty-ass bastard" Bobby mumbled, the cigarette still pressed between his pale, chapped lips. "Little shit stirrer" He wobbled back towards the front door and placed the gun in a plant pot beside the front door, falling over in the process into the cold concrete and grass and pulled out his phone from his trouser pocket. "Change of play boys" Bobby said into the phone. "My little brother needs to be taught a lesson"

"What about the girl?" The man on the other end of the phone asked, his voice husky and broken.

"Just see that my brother is still breathing when you're done with him. Leave his little bitch to me" Bobby snarled, then hung up the phone and went back inside to collapse on the sofa.