5) Romeo & Juliet

I took a deep breath, suddenly nervous. I stood backstage, shivering with fear. I'd never performed in front of so many people before. Come to think of it, I'd never performed in front of anybody full stop. Jinhwan had said I was good at dancing, but he hadn't heard my voice. What if it's awful? I sang in the shower, but only at times, and I thought I had an okay voice, but I wasn't trained. I couldn't sing loud. And they'd all probably criticise me like crazy. I sighed and slid down the wall onto the floor. I heard somebody cough and I looked up slowly.
"Are you okay? You'll be fine, I'm sure." Jinhwan said softly, crouching down in front of me.
"What if I sound really bad?" I muttered.
"Sing for me. Right now. Right here." Jinhwan ordered.
I frowned.
"Why would I---"
"Just do what I say." Jinhwan said calmly.
"Sing what?" I asked.
"One of your songs." Jinhwan said.
I took a deep breath and obliged, I had to be nicer to them if I wanted somebody to be there for me. They wouldn't help me if I acted like a brat. I started singing, quietly, and Jinhwan shook his head.
"No. Louder. I can't hear you."
"I can't sing loud!" I whined.
"Do you want me to help you or not?" Jinhwan said gently. "Sing louder."
I took a deep breath and begun to sing again, this time louder. My voice cracked and I cursed.
"Again. Try again." Jinhwan urged me.
I swallowed and tried again.
"Who care what they say? We're meant for each other. Forget the others, it's just us now. Let them hate us for our love. Who cares? I've got you...and that's all that matters..."
I paused and looked at Jinhwan curiously, who was staring at me, his eyes wide, his mouth open.
"Am I really that bad?" I whispered.
Jinhwan shook his head slowly, and I realised that everyone was staring at me, including iKON. They all looked shocked and I bit my lip.
"Get Sora to do it. I'll leave. I can't do this."
"No! Don't! You can do it, Aoife. You sounded beautiful." Bobby said quickly.
I frowned at him.
"Why are you being nice to me? You all know I'll ruin it if you let me carry on..."
"No. You won't." Bobby reassured me, gently. "We're being nice to you because..."
"Hanbin told you." I muttered. "I can't believe I told you. I thought you wouldn't tell anybody."
"Why wouldn't I?" Hanbin frowned.
"It's common sense! You don't tell people things like that! Who else have you told?" I yelled.
"Nobody! Only iKON! Look, you can trust them, Aoife." Hanbin snapped.
"I don't care, you didn't ask for my permission to tell people. I don't appreciate that. I trusted you." I said quietly.
Hanbin rubbed his neck, going red.
"I'm sorry."
I shook my head.
"Let's get this over with."
Jinhwan suddenly grabbed my hand, pulling me up and close.
"We're not going to pity you, Aoife, we promise. You don't want that, do you? We've just...rethought the way we've treated you. You've acted like a cow, yeah, but we can see why. You've been through a lot, and you've taught yourself to not feel. I see why. But please, Aoife, trust us, we can help you. We can make you...feel again."
I looked into Jinhwan's eyes. Why did they all make me feel like this? Why did Jinhwan have to do this to me? I didn't want to feel...I didn't want to put up with the pain again...but the way iKON looked at me, the way Jinhwan held my hands, the way Hanbin and Jinhwan kissed me, how could I not deny them of what they deserved? They deserved me to treat them better.
"I trust you." I sighed. "I'm sorry Hanbin."
Hanbin smiled awkwardly.
"Don't be. It's my fault."
I shrugged.
"It is. Yes. But you're also one of the reasons why I trust you. You're also one of the reasons why I'm going to treat you better."
I bowed politely, and they did the same. I took a deep breath.
"Time to perform."

"Romeo, oh Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" I said softly, bowing my head.
Jinhwan looked up at me, kneeling on one knee, and held out his arms.
"Oh Juliet, you are in my thoughts when I wake up, to when I got to sleep. Your beauty shines like a golden star, and you live strongly in my dreams. Forever shall you hold my heart in your hands."
"Romeo, my handsome, handsome Romeo, your eyes I will never forget. Romeo, love me. Hold me. Kiss me." I smiled, stepping down onto the stage, and taking Jinhwan's hands in mine. He pulled me close.
"So beautiful..." He murmured.
Jinhwan's voice changed. From his Romeo, acting voice, to that soft, normal voice that he spoke in whenever he was around I or his friends. I gasped silently, surprised. Just the way he looked at me had changed. He meant every word he spoke.
"Ji-Romeo..." I blushed. "Run away with me."
As Jinhwan leant forward, I closed my eyes. I could feel his lips hovering over mine, just as suddenly the doors burst open and 30 men ran in, yelling.
"Everybody, get down onto your knees. Now!"
I spun around, my eyes snapping open. I cursed.
"Run." I whispered.
"What?" Jinhwan frowned.
"Run!" I screamed, grabbing Jinhwan's hand and running as fast as I could.
As we ran past iKON, I grabbed Hanbin's hand, and yelled for the others to follow me.
"We have to get out of here." I shouted.
They didn't ask questions. They knew what was happening. They just followed me. Trusting me.

We finally stopped, out of breath, and read in the face. We were in the middle of a huge forest, surrounded by gigantic trees. I collapsed onto the floor and put my face in my hands.
"What have I done? I knew they'd find me...how could I let myself get too attached? How could I...how could I let you like me? You were supposed to hate me...then when I die, you wouldn't care. Now...now I've got you all in so much trouble!" I cried.
My hands were pulled sharply from my face, and someone grabbed my wrists and pulled me up and close.
"What do you mean, when you die? You're not going to die. And even if you did, of course we'd care. What do you think we are, Aoife?"
I looked up slowly, shocked.
"J-Junhoe?"
Junhoe smiled. It was an angel's smile. And it made me go bright red. He gently cupped his hand under my chin.
"You're too beautiful to forget, Aoife."
iKON were staring at us, their mouths open in shock as Junhoe leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine. He pulled away and searched my eyes curiously. 
"Where are we going to stay? We're in the middle of a forest..."
"We can get out of here." I said quietly. "We'll just stay here for the night. Then we'll start walking back tomorrow. We should be safe over there, in that cave."
iKON nodded, silent, and we made our way towards the cave, meanwhile confused thoughts were rushing around my head.
Why have Junhoe, Jinhwan and Hanbin kissed me?
Do they want something off me?
Why does Jinhwan and Hanbin look so upset?
Why has Junhoe all of a sudden decided to be so nice to me?
I don't know why...but everytime they look at me...I get this feeling in my stomach...
My heart races...
Like Juliet said in the Shakespeare play..."My Only Love...Sprung From My Only Hate"...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if got the end quote meaning wrong!! xD I'm not a huge Shakespeare fan, but I respect his work and I've read some of the plays. I've read Romeo & Juliet and Sonnet 18. And that's it. xD Hehe...sorry...I hope you enjoyed! I'll be working on the next chapter, but please, be patient, I have a lot of other fan fictions to finish too!!! Saranghae!! <3