Chapter 29 - It All Just Clicked

HEY EVERYONE! I MADE IT ONTO WATTY AWARDS UNDER ROMANCE :) PLEASE VOTE IF YOU THINK I SHOULD WIN OR JUST TO MAKE ME ECSTATIC - THAT'S GOOD TOO! <3

Hey guys!

So here's another upload. We're reaching the end of this story... only 2-3 chapters more and that's that. Does that make you sad or are you anxious to finish?

I hope you enjoy this uplaod. I personally loved writing it because most of it is in first person, which I think I'm much better at - but I'm probably wrong because you can't really judge your own work. I hope you guys like it though!

Please comment, vote and fan me if you can :) I really want to reach my next few goals which means I need 8 more fans, about 190 more votes and a lot more reads. Thanks!

Yours truly,

Hannah-vo

~*~

Chapter 29 – It All Just Clicked

Amy tossed herself onto the swing like the dejected child she felt. Her butt hit the top of the seat and it shuddered under her weight. When she’d stormed out of the house, she hadn’t exactly been too concerned with where she was going. But looking around now, she realized that she’d returned to the park that she’d escaped to when running from Michael. It appeared the same, empty, unused; the paint was slightly peeling off of the rustic looking playground and the grass hadn’t been trimmed in a while but it was full of character and peaceful.

Somehow though, it seemed to pull her towards it. This park was nothing special, but it just felt to Amy like this was the place she should go whenever she wanted to calm her nerves or to let everything out.

She curled her hand around the swing’s chain and let a loud sigh escape from her lungs.

What had she done? Her mother despised her. And to make it worse, Amy was now homeless.

When her mother left in a week or so for her next business trip, Amy could return home and pretend like none of this had ever happened. But until then, she’d have to make do. Maybe Julie or one of her other friends would ask her to sleep over until she could go back home.

Amy looked down at her knees and realized for the first time that they were shaking. She frowned. It seemed that all the nerve she’d built up when talking back to her mother had washed away like the sand from a beach, gone. She felt miserable.

Despite how little she saw of her mother and father, Amy would always seek their approval. She kept her grades up, never got into fights, and until recently, she’d been invisible to not attract attention to herself. She always tried her hardest to please them. And sometimes, when they came home, they would give her a pat on the back in congratulations for her good behaviour and Amy would just smile because even though she never saw them, she knew that she could make them happy.

But now she’d changed. She would miss their kind words and proud glances, but at the same time, Amy knew it was for the best. She’d been holding in all of her feelings towards her parents for so long… it just felt amazing to get it off her chest.

Amy didn’t regret one word of any of it.

She slouched over in the seat and rubbed her toes into the sand. On her rush out of that house, she hadn’t had the time to change or even to put on shoes. But it really didn’t matter. No one was here. She was alone.

Amy heard footsteps before she saw the silhouette running towards her. They were tall, strong, definitely very athletic. His shoulders were square and muscular, his stomach refined, and his legs were well-shaped. And he was running straight for her.