30. Only hope

The doctor draped a white sheet over Thomas' dead body.

Salsa felt her insides were like glowing fire. They had killed Thomas, sliced his brain up, they had the cure yet they decided to lie to her and kill her in the same way. She started to mess with the system, putting it down so it would start to destruct itself. The power in the building ran low and all the emergency lights began to glow. Salsa placed a few more traps into the program and got up, leaving the room and hurrying to the main hall.

The code opened the huge metal door to the circular space with the main computers, all the screens were dark and a computer virus was running through them in thousands of letters and signs.

"What's going on?" Chancellor Paige turned around and froze at the sight of Salsa. "What have you done?"

"I have one more condition!" Salsa stepped into the room.

"One more? Come on, girl, we don't have time," snorted Janson.

"You killed my best friend so now you'll listen!" Salsa looked at the blonde haired woman. "I'll do whatever you want from me but I have one last will."

Janson rolled his eyes. Guards with guns ran into the room but Chancellor Paige stopped them by raising her hand.

"There are bombs all over the building, I could make them go off or you'll do what I want," Salsa glanced at the woman again.

"You're bluffing," said Janson.

"Do you me want to prove it?" asked Salsa, not bothering to look at him.

She concentrated on Chancellor Paige.

"I can't get back into the system," muttered a young man that was sitting at a computer.

"What do you want?" asked Chancellor Paige.

"I want to see Newt one last time," said Salsa.

Chancellor Paige sighed. "Get a berg ready," she said.

"B-But," stuttered Janson.

"And take ten guards, fly to the Denver Crank Palace. But Salsa, you have twenty minutes with him then you're coming back," Chancellor Paige glanced at her and turned around.

"That will be enough," Salsa sent her a dark look.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The guards dragged her to the ship and chained her to a wall, than the berg took off. Salsa looked at the guards; there were ten of them, two women and eight men, all with shady faces. No one spoke during the way.

"We're here," a man unchained her and forced her up when they landed.

They got to the main gate and stopped.

"We're from WICKED," said the man that was holding Salsa's arm.

"Sure, come in," muttered one of the guards on the gate.

They looked flustered.

"They got mad, we won't hold the Crank Palace for long," he added.

"Inside," growled the man holding her.

The guards opened the gate but only six of the WICKED soldiers went in. The man, probably the leader of the group, looked at them but they remained behind the gate.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"We're not Immune," muttered on of the women.

"No, so sorry," he raised his gun and shot her then surveyed the other three. "Are you still scared to go in?"

Two moved but one stayed. The leader shot him too, swearing under his breath.

So there were eight guards left. They moved through the Crank Palace quickly, the man was squeezing bruises on Salsa's arm with the way he was holding her. The others had their guns ready to shoot but Salsa knew they were afraid, more afraid then her. They glanced at the Cranks with so much fear. Soon, the group reached the middle circle and moved to the bowling center.

"I'd rather not have you witnessing it," said Salsa.

The man looked at her derisively.

"Any stupid ideas and I'll shoot you, I don't care if WICKED needs you alive," he squeezed her arm tighter. "And if you're not going to come out in twenty minutes, we're going in to get you," he said, sending his guards around the devastated building. "Counting from now," he clicked the stopwatch and finally let go of her arm.

Salsa turned around. Her knees were weak but she went into the bowling center. Only one fire was burning inside and the Cranks were mostly walking around the room, humming loudly, some were lying on the ground. She looked around and spotted a huge man with bright blue eyes and he walked towards her.

"You're Newt's girlfriend?" he asked and she nodded. "Newt!" he shouted loudly and a shape tucked in a dirty dark blanket moved at the fire.

Salsa glanced over to him and met his dark eyes; they were filled with fury.

"Thanks," she said, hurrying to Newt.

But he kept staring into the fire.

Thank you to all the people who support this story. I know things got very sad and dramatic lately but Salsa's adventure is reaching the thrilling end phase. 

Will she run away? What will she do next? 

I dedicate this chapter to @thequeensdna 

If you like the chapter please leave some feedback :)