Levi x Reader: Mission

Levi's pov

Levi watched as (y/n) swung around and killed three titans in a row. He faintly smiled as she used the move he had taught her.

They were on a scouting expedition outside the walls and they were only a day into their mission. The sun would be setting soon, so the titans won't be able to move. They only had to keep going a little bit longer.

Levi looked over and saw (y/n) return to her horse. Her (e/c) eyes were shining in the battle. Her (h/c) hair streamed out behind her. Her golden wings of freedom pendant hung from a chain around her neck. Levi sighed. He always had feelings for (y/n). She was always volunteering to clean whenever there was a mess and she fought brilliantly. She was a quick thinker and had sharp reflexes. 

Levi was secretly planning to confess his love to her after they completed the mission.

Another titan thundered up to them. "It's mine!" She yelled, swing up to the titan. Levi smiled again.

Then, it seemed like his heart was about to stop. An abnormal flew at her with its jaws wide open.

"(Y/n)!" Levi yelled. He equipped his gear and flew as fast as he dared. 

(Y/n) turned around and saw the abnormal. She tried to pull up in time, but she was too late. 

Reader's pov

You turned when Levi called your name. You saw him looking at something behind you. You turned and saw the gaping mouth of an abnormal. 

You used extra gas to try to pull up, but to no avail.

The jaws closed around you, snapping shut on yout midsection like a spring trap.

You screamed and tried to surprise the titan into dropping you by stabbing its face but it ignored you.

You heard Levi yell a battle cry and race towards the titan. The titan you tried to attack first reached out after him as he flew past. He circled back and killed it, then resuming his attack on the abnormal. 

It was fast. Levi sped past its face and it followed him with its eyes but it didn't attack. It crunched down harder on you and you screamed in pain. 

Levi noticed this and swung around the titan, striking its nape. It went limp and you fell. 

Just before you hit the ground, Levi caught you. He lay you down. 

He dropped his swords and tried to stem the blood seeping out of your wound, but to no avail.   "(y/n)!" He yelled, trying to get your attention.

You tried to stay focused on his voice. It seemed more... panicked than usual.

She looked up at him. "Levi?" You manage to say. "I-i'm not going to die here r-right?" He looked to shocked to answer.

You sigh. "Well, then I will take that as a no." You tried to stay calm. You were prepared for this moment ever since you joined the military.

"(Y/n)?" Levi asked. You looked at him once again. "Can I tell you something?" He asked you. You nodded, your strength rapidly fading.

"I-I love you. I always have." You smile. "I always have too." You manage to say. You reach a hand to your neck and remove your necklace. You hold it out to him. "Take it." You say. "I don't want it to go to waste." You smile.

Tears stream down his face. He reached out and you dropped the pendant in his hand. 

Levi's pov

She handed him the necklace. The once clean and shiny pendant was smeared with blood. Tears streamed down hjs face though he tried to hold them back. Her eyes started to cloud over.

He picked her up. He wouldnt leave her here to rot.

"Goodbye Levi." Said a sweet and familiar voice. Levi let out a faint smile. "Wait for me." He whispered back.