•2•

Steve Rogers ran up the metal stairs until he reached that familiar green door. He reached for the door knob but couldn't turn it. He was confused for a moment until he realized he couldn't pick up things but he could go through things. He could feel Darby roll her eyes.

Steve took a breath and stepped through the door. He so amazed at his new ability he didn't notice how much his childhood home had changed. The walls changed to a soft green instead of the egg shell white color. The furniture was a chocolatey brown and more square than the furniture Steve was used to. His furniture used to the rounded couches and chairs with buttons lining the sides. But here, the coffee table was square with glass topped off with a purple flower. The chair was leather which faced a big black screen. Steve wasn't sure what that was. The couch was  plush and L shaped with light green pillows.

But besides pillows, something else sat on top of it. Steve froze when he saw a girl with blonde hair that ran down her shoulders. Her blue eyes were focused on the book she read. Her feet were covered in large, fuzzy socks and jeans hugged tightly to her legs and revealed her knees because of the rips. Steve wondered why such a beautiful dame would wear ripped jeans. Men didn't even wear ripped jeans except for working hard shifts. She wore a plain back top as well that showed off her collar bones and a small silver locket. She had white cords from a small box, much like the big black screen, that snaked up her stomach to her neck and in her ears. Maybe they were a new type of earring?

Steve froze when he saw the girl. Partly because he thought she was beautiful but partly because he thought of how the girl might react if she saw a man just waltz right in to her apartment. This time it only took a couple seconds for Steve to remember that no one could see him. He stood up straight, danced around a tad to see if she would respond. She didn't move.

Steve walked in front of the girl who kept on reading. Steve stuck his hand through the book to see if that would make a difference. Steve was scared and excited when she moved but he soon was disappointed when he realized she was just turning the page. Steve had one more thing to try out but he was wary because he did not want to offend this girl in anyway. But he remembered Darby's words.

Slowly, Steve reached out and touched the girls right hand. Once he made contact, he could not go through. However he got a reaction form her, she shivered through her body and looked up from her book. Steve quickly stood up and backed away. "I'm so sorry, ma'am, I just-well I," Steve exclaimed until he realized she had not even noticed him.

The girl lifted her small box and it lit up. Steve was certainly perplexed. "Shit," she muttered to herself. She set her book on the coffee table and yanked her earrings out. Not soon after did Steve find they were not earrings and instead blasted classical music.

"Come on, Charlotte, what are you doing to yourself," she muttered to herself. Steve followed her as she went directly for Steve's old room. "Now you have to take a shower, get changed, do make-up, and get everything set. Sure it's just Laura but you know how Laura can be sometimes," Charlotte said to herself as she dug through her drawers to find a nice pair of jeans and nice top. "Why am I talking to myself?" She asked frantically and walked out of her room. " I think I am going insane," she told herself. Steve followed her until the bathroom door closed in front of him.

"Right," Steve said to himself. "I will not go in there." But that didn't mean he didn't think of Charlotte.

Steve decided to catch up on his old house instead of play peeping Tom on a girl that can't and probably never will acknowledge him. He first went back into his old room and Charlotte's current room. This was the master bedroom, which wasn't very master but bigger than the other room. Steve's mother wanted him to have it so he could display his art. Which by now was taken down and instead pictures of bands were on the walls. Bands Steve has never heard of.