•5•

It was once again Monday, and once again the alarm was off. Charlotte remembered her strange dream. She thought Captain America was a Ghost that lived with her. And the weirdest thing was, she may have had a crush on him. Charlotte walked out of her room to find no one or thing in her apartment. It was just her. Steve saw her walk out of her room, looking around for anybody but didn't see him. She glanced right over him. Steve was heartbroken. He wanted to go back the room and sulk until the day he died. It was to bad that might have been forever.

Instead he watched as she grabbed her computer and grabbed her usual cereal and orange juice breakfast. She checked her emails while pushing up her glasses. She took another spoonful of her cereal. Steve slowly walked over as she ate, sadness completely drenching him. He sat down next to her as Charlotte scanned through her emails.

He looked at her, the top half of her blonde hair was tied in a pony tail. Some strands fell down her face and framed it. Her brown glasses always threatened to slide down her nose. But her blue eyes, with or without glasses, always seemed to be looking. Charlotte always seemed to be looking for the next something. The next story, the next opportunity, the next adventure. Steve smiled and reached to put a strand behind her ear. His finger grazed her cheek but her hair didn't move. Steve sighed, of course, he could do nothing. Steve stood up and walked on the opposite side of the table.

Charlotte took another spoonful and looked up from her computer. In front of her she saw the same man she walked with yesterday staring right back at her.

Steve saw her eyes widen "Good morning?" Steve asked more than said. Charlotte spit out her cereal in her bowl, startled. Right, it wasn't a dream.

Steve laughed as milk dripped down Charlotte's chin. He was so relieved and happy that she could see him. He decided not to tell her of what happened. "Not funny," she said smiling herself. "Coffee?" She joked.

"I think I'll pass," Steve replied. He then remembered something. "5...4...3."

"What are you doing?" Charlotte questioned.

"..2...1" Steve finished. Suddenly Charlotte realized she had to grab the paper. She stood up and figured out what Steve was counting down to. Steve started to laugh as Charlotte walked past him blushing. She grabbed the paper and set it on the dining table. "Mind if I join you?" Steve asked, pointing at the paper.

"Sure," Charlotte replied. Steve sat next to Charlotte and she set the paper in between them. They read together in silence but it wasn't an awkward one. It was comfortable. Charlotte would always ask if he was ready to go to the next page and he would say yes and they would read the next page in comfortable silence. Afterwords, Steve stood up and walked toward the door.

"W-Where are you going?" Charlotte asked frantically. She didn't want him to leave. Yesterday was so great and now he was leaving?

"I'm just taking a walk," Steve told her, smiling and seeing her nervousness.

"Are you coming back?"

"I do this everyday," Steve reassured her. He had to remember that she didn't know his everyday schedule even though he knew hers. "I just have to observe. I'll be back around lunchtime."

"Lunchtime. Okay. Well, have fun," Charlotte said, nodding. Steve smiled and walked out. Charlotte stared at the green door for some time until she came out of it.

Charlotte didn't know what was going on. She may or may not have a crush on him. If she did, she would love a dead man. She would be living with him, I mean how awkward is that? And if she didn't, she wouldn't have any problems. No, she would. She would be lying to herself. She thought about him, his old fashioned hair swiftly to the side. Charlotte remembered the faint creases on his forehead, probably from his thinking. Charlotte could tell he did that a lot, think about this. Probably with his dark eyebrows raising to create those creases. Just below his eyes was the cheekbones that stood out just slightly. Not like his jawline bone. And his lips, even though he was faded he could see pink. Even though he was faded, she could see the color in his face. She could she the light in his smile.

When she looked down at her computer, she saw that in the middle of her email was her thoughts. They rambled on and on. She sighed, highlighting her thoughts and deleted them. Charlotte went back to typing the rest of her email and tried her best to work. But every now and then her mind wandered. It was hard to keep away from the Ghost that haunted her in the best way possible.

After awhile, Charlotte began to feel nervous. Where was Steve? Did something happen? She didn't know what could, he was dead and from what she was told, only she could see Steve. Nevertheless, Charlotte worried. But Steve was just observing his hometown. He would then come home, Charlotte would be relieved, and they would talk more about themselves and the world.

About two months later, Charlotte and Steve knew each other very well. Charlotte knew so much more about old Brooklyn and World War II and Steve. She loved the knowledge. She may have also loved Steve. Charlotte didn't think about it that way. Love. How could she be in love with a supernatural being. It was utterly impossible. But she had the symptoms of love. Butterflies flew in her stomach it was like they were migrating. And her heartbeat was as loud as a jet.

Steve, luckily for him, didn't have the whole heartbeat problem. If he had a heart he might but instead it was a rush. It zoomed through his body, from the tip of his finger to the arches on his feet. He wanted to jump when he was with Charlotte. He was always so happy to learn about her and just be with her. But he had a cxparallel and yet opposite problem then Charlotte. No way would it work. Charlotte has to move on with her life, and that's that. Steve would not negotiate.

But they both liked each other very much. Just in secret. A secret that would be ended.