•6•

"You know what you haven't done in awhile?" Steve asked.

"What?"

"Anything," Steve replied, satisfied with his wit. It had been a long work day for Charlotte. For some reason there were some mistakes when doing this or that and it was stressful. And besides their brief morning walks and long Sunday talks, Charlotte did very little for entertainment. Not to mention, Steve was impatient. He wanted to spend as much time with Charlotte as he could. He truly adored her.

"Haha, very funny," Charlotte sarcastically said. She finally looked up from her computer and stretched in her spiny chair.

"I'm serious! That's why I have something planned for us," Steve informed Charlotte, his chin raised as if he was so proud of his idea.

"But-"

"No buts, it will be beautiful," Steve answered while secretly thinking: just like you.

"Well, if you insist," Charlotte said. Of course she wouldn't object to spending time with Steve.

"Perfect!" Steve exclaimed. Just like you.

"Why are you so sweet to me?" Charlotte asked rhetorically and hugged him the best she could. It was like hugging a metal pole but Charlotte certainly didn't mind. Steve felt warm when they hugged, and he didn't want to let go.

"Char?"

"Yeah?"

Steve wanted to tell her his feelings so horribly it would've killed him a second time. But there were two problems, he didn't know how to describe his feelings. Was it love? Was it just a fantastic friendship? And the other problem was, well, let's just say they were too different to work out.

"Bring your camera," Steve said. The hug ended and they stepped back.

"Oh, right, yeah okay," Charlotte said with a smile on her face. But really, she wanted him to say something in the moment. But Charlotte had a feeling he didn't feel this same kind of liking. She had the same exact problems as he did.

She grabbed her camera from her room and ran back to Steve. Charlotte then put the phone up to her ear, this was a routine. "So what do you have in store for me?"

"Hail a cab first," Steve said and Charlotte did as she was told, the phone still pressed to her ear. When a taxi stopped in front of her, she climbed into the back seat with Steve.

"Where to?" The driver asked. Charlotte wondered that herself.

"Brooklyn Bridge," Steve told her.

"I've never heard of that place!" Charlotte said sarcastically. "Brooklyn Bridge," she repeated to the driver. The man nodded slowly and drove to destination. During the drive, her phone actually started to ring. It vibrated against her ear as Steve was laughing. The driver gave her a you-seem-kind-of-crazy look. Charlotte awkwardly smiled at him.

"Hello?" Charlotte answered.

"Charlotte?" A feminine voice asked through the phone. Static surrounded the voice and the voice sounded terrified.

"Hello? Who is this?" Charlotte asked.

"I-I'm in trouble. Just whatever you do don't-" suddenly the person yelped and the mysterious person hung up. Charlotte scrunched her eyebrows in curiosity. Steve adored that.