Rage

Ally wasn't going to listen in on the conversation between her boss, Rocky, and Oliver, but curiosity had gotten the better of her and she was attempting to remain hidden and yet still close enough to hear what was being said. The part of her that was saying 'this is bad' was yelling at her, while the other side was saying 'oh, relax'. She was convinced this was the side that spent too much time with Rocky and Austin to begin with.

Ryland, much to her surprise, was also listening in. The two remained perched near the door, ears close as possible. Trish had kept her voice level so far though, so it was a strain to really hear the words being said.

Rocky, you could hear. "I don't want to talk about this." He kept repeating this every time the attention was turned to him. Oliver was mumbling, his voice full of disgust and almost mockery. Ally bit back her own annoyance. She knew she had a duty to those in the shelter, and she was to remain neutral, but she honestly did not like Oliver. In her opinion, he was someone who was in a very similar situation to Rocky. But he held himself on a higher ground than the others, as if he were better. And that annoyed her.

"I'm trying to be professional with you both," Trish said, her voice a little higher. "We are not leaving this office until common ground is met. You boys may be stubborn, but I can bet you, I'm more stubborn than you both combined. I will sit here all night, even in the dark if I must, until we work this out. Is that understood?"

Ally had to laugh. She was giving them no way out of this.

"I don't care." Oliver almost seemed like he was spitting venom. "I don't take back what I said."

"Of course you don't," Rocky snapped.

Ally sighed this time, knowing it was only an apology that her boss was looking for, and the hopes that they'd avoid each other from then on. It was a false hope to say she ever expected them to really enjoy each other, or become friends, but there was also a hope that somehow, it would work out.

"I don't care either," Trish said this time, her words sounding very close to angry. "And here is the thing, Oliver. You're allowed an opinion. You're allowed to voice that opinion. It's a law. But when it comes to verbally, or physically attacking someone else, under my roof, with intents to harm them, I will not stand for that. I will not stand for you to voice opinions to someone else and those around him when you have no basis to mount them on. It is not your place, or your right, to say what you did."

Her voice paused.

"And it is also not right for Rocky to place his hands on you."

"Damn right."

"Okay, enough." Trish stood, as her chair squeaked, sending both Ryland and Ally jumping into the air. "If you do not wish to apologize, or attempt to mend this at all, I'll give you another option. We are not the only shelter in the area based for children. If you cannot work this out with Rocky, you are welcome to move into another. But don't expect that to solve the issue, Oliver. Anywhere you go, there will be people you don't like, and people who will challenge you. Part of my job is to prepare you all for the real world. The real world doesn't work like that. You are forced to be around all kinds of people and just because you don't like them, you don't get to act like a child. I'll give you that option. I will even call the state for you, and have it arranged for you to be moved somewhere else. But you will find no matter where you go, or who you are with, someone else will do the exact same thing to you and eventually, you're going to run out of options."

"Why would I be forced to leave? Why can't he leave?"

Trish again paused. "No one is forcing you to leave. I never said that."

"I don't want to leave."

Ally wanted to laugh at how ridiculous he was being. "Rocky, would you be willing to apologize?"