Part 7 - Snow

*Note - this part is a flashback, the battle between Raven and Snow will continue in part 8!*

"Filthy beast! GO DIE IN A DITCH!" the human knocked Snow's mother down and continued to kick her pregnant bump. "MAMA!" Snow cried and rushed at the human. Tears filled his eyes.

Suddenly the young boy Snow seemed to levitate. In confusion he looked behind him to see another faunus - the doctor his mother was on the way to see - he held Snow up by his collar.

"My apologies gentlemen" the doctor gave them a nervous smile and rushed to the side of Snow's mother. He helped her up and the three walked away towards his house. The humans continued to throw abuse - as well as anything else they could - eggs, filled chamber pots, rocks, anything.

"You need to be more careful around the humans, if I was a moment too late your son would-" the doctor was cut off by a question from the young boy Snow.

"Why... why do they hate us?" he wept as he asked that question. The same question he had asked his father after he was beaten. The same question he asked his mother after his father was killed. He received the same response he always got: silence.

Snow's mother screamed in pain and blood pooled below her. "The baby!" the doctor wasted no time in getting the heavily pregnant faunus onto the bed in his room. 

"It's too early... what could this mea-" he stopped. He knew what it meant. He sent Snow to wait outside.

An eternity seemed to pass, his mother's screams rung in his ears. Snow couldn't bare it any longer, he rushed into the room. A baby's body laid lifelessly on the floor, covered in blood. The doctor moved frantically to stop the bleeding of Snow's mother, but it was a losing battle.

"M-Mama..." Snow didn't understand what was going on.

"L-Let me see her" his mother's voice was weak. The doctor paused for a moment, as if he was about to say something but stopped himself. He reached down and scooped up the dead child and handed her to her mother.

Snow's mother wept. She screamed.

But then, she was silent.

Snow pushed the doctor aside and rushed to his mother's side.

"Mama!"

No response.

"I'm so sorry Snow-" the doctor burst into tears.

Life wasn't easy for Snow over the next few years. The doctor cared for him at first, but soon found himself another victim of human violence. Another dead faunus.

Snow was alone. Alone and angry. He wandered into the forest, searching for... he didn't even know what he was searching for, hope perhaps. Or perhaps death. Then the grimm came, a group of creeps - the small feral quadruped beasts - surrounded him and moved in for the kill.

He had nothing left. Nothing to live for. No one to live for. Nothing left but anger and hatred. But... he couldn't die here, not while whose human monsters still lived!

Then the grimm stopped. They paused, waiting for something.

"GO! Why don't you kill someone who deserves it! Like those humans!" Snow collapsed to the ground, expecting to die.

But he did not die. 

The grimm ran off, in the direction of the town.