My New Life? (Part 2)

*Authors note: Sophie is Latina, so her name will be pronounced as Sophia by other Latin's*

"Oh Sophia it's so good to see you, I've been so worried." My father's perturb outburst of remorse, was something I haven't heard in a long time. The way my father spoke was the same,and so were his mannerisms.

'Maybe I was transported back to the past?' I couldn't comprehend why we're in Japan;or why my mother said I went missing. 'When I was younger ,I never went missing.When I got lost, always came back; so why?'

"Sweetie it's OK, you can get off of Sophia now." My mother rubbed my father's back gently. He kissed me on the cheek, and then slowly backed away. My mother looked into my eyes and held my right hand.

"We came in here to ask you a few questions about your disappearance. What is the last thing you remember, did you see a man by any chance?"My mother's voice was disoriented , 'was she in pain this whole time?' I thought

'What was I going tell her? I gained a bunch of debt from college ,so I had to visit my friend Pam? That I was so poor, I couldn't afford to live in my own apartment? That I was going to get evicted, the next week!?She didn't believe me when I said I was in college, so why would she believe me now?'

"Mom, could you tell me the last place you saw me. Or, the last place I told you where I was going?"

"Yes of course sweetie." My mother responded, and wiped away any existing tears.

"Well, the last place I saw you was at home. You were on your way to school, and I think it was about six in the morning when you left."

"What school was I going to?"

"Selka high, the one you've been going to for about 6 months now. Don't tell me you've lost your memory Sophia, did you hit your head?" My mother asked.

'Selka high? I've never heard about that school in my life.'

"No, I didn't hit my head, at least I don't think so." I touched the top of my scalp for pain,I felt nothing. 

"I didn't hurt myself, but I mainly want to know why we're in Japan. Why is my room the same as it was back then? And how did you know I was in the alley? No one saw me, so how could you?" My heart felt like it was going to burst in my chest. I didn't know what to think anymore.

"We're in Japan because your father got a promotion, and now we have more money than we ever had. I'm not sure what you mean about this room, but I found you because I was searching around the area. A pedestrian noticed you walking, and called the police. I knew it had to have been you, when they described your features." I still didn't understand much of what she said. I only understood the part about why we were in Japan. That I went missing for 5 days, and now l'm "safe and sound." At this point, I could tell she didn't have the answers I was looking for.

"So, are you sure you don't remember anything about your disappearance? If anything terrible happened to you, I'm telling you I will go down to the police station right n-" My father cut her off, and helped her stand up.

"Alright come on now, she said she doesn't remember anything let's go." He advanced my mother to the door. Before  leaving he looked over at me.

"Your mother searched the moment she heard about your disappearance. We both couldn't sleep, for the five days you were gone. I love you, and I hope you'll be able to rest well. Come and talk to us at your own time; Ok?"

"Ok, I love you too." I said,and he closed the door. I got up from my bed and looked out the window. The sun seemed to just rise, and the sky was nearly lit. I got up from off my bed, and and sat down at my computer desk. I pressed the power button, instantly the screen was logged onto the internet. It seemed  like I left a window open, before leaving for school that morning.In Japanese window read *FINALS WEEK: how you can prepare for it.*

'How I knew what it said, was a complete mystery to me.' I exited the window and typed in "Sugar Fall, American show." I clicked *Enter*, and the screen read "Blocked in this country." I typed in *Sugar Fall, Japanese edition.* What came up as a result was *Japanese sugar cakes.* I leaned back in the chair, bewildered.

'Does Sugar Fall not exist here?'