Nine

I wake up the next morning and lay in bed for a few minutes staring at the ceiling.

'What have I gotten myself into?' I think before finally getting out of bed and getting in the shower.

After I get out, I look through my closet before finally deciding to wear a red flannel with light wash blue jeans.

I change before walking into my bathroom and lightly curling my hair and doing my usual makeup: light, black eyeliner, mascara, and nude lipstick.

I didn't feel like putting in my contacts since I was running a little late, so I put on my glasses before putting on my tan lace-up wedges.

I spray myself with perfume and grab my bag just as I hear a familiar car horn honk outside.

I walk outside, locking the door behind me, and get in Mia's car.

"Trying to impress someone?" Mia laughs as she drives down the street.

"No, not at all." I say, giving her a small smile.

"Just don't do anything stupid." Mia says before she walks to her first hour class. 

I take a deep breath before walking in to my class and taking my seat.

I read over my notes, trying to distract myself, as I wait for class to begin.

When the bell rings, I look up from my notes and make direct eye contact with Ja-Mr. Gilinsky, I should say.

I blush slightly and look away, trying to hide my smile in my shoulder.

"Good morning class. Let's get started, shall we?" 

----

"Oh my god Mia, it was so awkward!" I sigh as I take my seat beside her in science.

"How?" she asks without looking up from her phone.

"I don't really know. But it was really awkward." 

"Don't know what to tell you." she says.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask.

"What? Oh, nothing." she says absentmindedly. 

"Okay, whatever." I mutter under my breath after the bell rang.

----

After school, I decided to ride home with my brother since Mia had practically been avoiding me all day.

We went to lunch together but we never spoke a word to each other, which is strange because we always talk.

I walk in my bedroom and set my bag down on the floor. I leave my flannel on but change out of my jeans into a pair of leggings. 

I sit down to do my homework and after a few minutes my phone goes off.

I look at the screen and see Jack had texted me.

'I didn't know you wore glasses' it said.

I roll my eyes and turn my phone off, not wanting to have to talk to anyone for a while.

I plug my headphones into my laptop and open up YouTube.

I listen to music as I finish my homework.

After I finish, I turn my phone back on. 

I leave it on my bed as I go downstairs to get some food. 

When I come back, I had at least 5 more messages, all from Jack.

'Ava?'

'Ava, are you okay?'

'Ava please answer me'

'I'm going to come looking for you if you don't answer'

And more like that.

I decide to finally text him back.

'I'm fine. I just needed some time to think.'

I hit the send button and watched Netflix on my laptop as I wait for an answer.

'Are you rethinking last night's decision?' he answers.

'No, of course not. A lot of things happened today and I needed time to myself to think about it all'

'Okay..do you want to talk about anything?' he asks.

'I think I'm okay for now. But thank you.' I reply just as my mom yells up the stairs that dinner was ready. 

I plug my charger into my phone before heading downstairs.

----

When I come back upstairs, I look at my phone and don't see a reply from Jack.

"Oh well, it's only been a day. I can't worry about him yet." I think to myself.

I watch more Netflix before I grew tired of it and decided to go to bed.

I walked downstairs and told my parents that I was going to bed.

"It's only 8:30, are you feeling okay?" my mom asks, getting up and walking over to me.

She feels my forehead as I answer, "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just bored and there's nothing wrong with getting some more sleep."

"Alright. Goodnight sweetheart." my mom says.

"Night Mom, night Dad." I say, walking back up the stairs.

"Goodnight." my dad answers from behind his newspaper.

I roll my eyes and walk down the hallway into my room. 

I change into my pajamas and throw my hair up into a bun before getting in bed and turning my TV on.

I pick out a movie from the ones we have recorded on the DVR and let it play as I fall asleep. 

/// Hope you enjoy the update. I'm thinking about updating this again tonight, but I might update another story.

Vote & comment?