Fourteen

*Skip to the next morning*

I woke up the next morning around 5:30.

I groan as I roll out of bed, then walk into Jack's bathroom and plug in my curling iron.

I walk back out and lock the door before changing into my outfit for today.

My outfit consists of a long sleeve white shirt, maroon skirt, and white heels.

I quickly curl my hair before doing my normal makeup.

Then, I grab my phone and backpack before walking downstairs into the kitchen where Jack is making breakfast.

Even with my heels on, I'm still a few inches shorter than Jack.

"What are you making?" I ask him.

"Pancakes and bacon." he replies, flipping a pancake over.

I nod and take a seat at the table in the corner of the room.

A few minutes later, Jack walks over to me with a plate and an empty cup in his hands.

"I have some juice in the fridge if you want any. I'm not sure how much is left though." he laughs nervously.

"Thanks but I'll just have some water." I say, laughing with him.

I get up and fill up my cup with a little bit of ice and water from the fridge.

As I sit down, Jack sits down across from me with his own plate of food and a glass of water as well.

"Are you staying over again tonight?" Jack asks as we eat.

"I don't think so. But I will come back over sometime soon." I say, giving him a smile.

"I should probably go grocery shopping then." he chuckles. I nod in response and get up with my empty plate and cup.

"Just set them in the sink." 

I nod and do as he says.

"I'm ready whenever you are." I say before turning around and walking into the living room.

I sit on the couch on my phone until Jack is ready.

*Skip to Friday* 

"Mom, Dad, I'm home!" I yell, walking into the house after school.

My brother dropped me off before going over to one of his friends houses.

"Anyone home?" I yell out again.

Then, I get a strong whiff of alcohol.

"Oh great." I think to myself as I follow the smell into my parents bedroom.

"Oh look, oh slut of a daughter is home." my mom slurs from their bed.

I gasp a little before shaking it off and rolling my eyes.

"Probably brought home another guy with more STDs." my dad laughs with my mom.

"Dad!" I exclaim.

"Well it's true." he says.

I knew my parents were drunks but I never thought it was this bad.

I stand there for nearly an hour while my parents continue to throw insult after insult at me.

Several times, I tried to leave before my dad would drag me back in, punch me, and yell at me for trying to leave the room.

When they finally pass out, I let the tears flow as I run to my room and pull my suitcase out from under my bed.