Twenty Six

I wake up the next morning, not because of my alarm, but because of my mom having a screaming match with my dad.

I roll my eyes and ignore them; getting out of bed to get ready for school. 

I was up about a half hour before my alarm normally goes off, so I took my time getting ready.

By the time my brother was ready to go, my hair was neatly curled, my normal makeup had been applied, and I was wearing a flowy maroon crop top, tan floral kimono cardigan, black jeans with a few holes on my thighs and my knees, and tan lace up ankle boot wedges.

I accessorized my outfit with a couple rings, a gold bracelet with a black stone triangle on it, and a black Michael Kors watch.

"Hurry up Brandon!" I yell up the stairs.

"Shut up Ava!" my dad yells from the kitchen.

I roll my eyes and lean against the door frame while I wait for Brandon to come downstairs.

About five minutes later, he walks downstairs, dragging his baseball bag behind him on the stairs.

"Sorry, I almost forgot we had preseason workouts today and none of my stuff was ready." he says, picking his keys up from the table.

"Already? Baseball doesn't start until the spring." I say, following him out to his car.

"Yeah but Coach wants to practice outside before it gets cold."

I nod my head and get in the car.

We don't speak until we get to the school.

"I'll have one of my friends drive me home after school." I tell Brandon as we walk into the school.

"Alright." he says before leaving me and walking over to his baseball buddies.

I roll my eyes and head towards History.

----

When I walk in, I'm disappointed, but not surprised, to find a couple students already in the classroom.

"I'll just have to wait until after school to talk to Jack." I think to myself as I make eye contact with him and offer him a smile.

He returns it before looking back at his computer screen.

I sit in my seat and stare at the clock until the bell rings.

"Alright class. Today we'll be learning about classical civilizations." 

----

After our last class, I walk with Brittney towards Jack's classroom.

"Are you sure it's alright that I come over to your house?" I ask her.

"Yeah," she shrugs. "My parents aren't really home during the day so they won't know. And my brothers won't say anything to them."

I nod my head before knocking on Jack's door.

He doesn't have a class this hour but he has to stay just in case any of his students need to talk to him.

"Come in." he answers.

I leave Brittney outside the room to keep watch while I walk into his room, shutting the door behind me.

He doesn't look up from the computer as I walk closer so he doesn't realize it's me.

When I reach him, I throw my arms around him and quickly wiggle into his lap.

He gasps in shock before realizing it's me and wrapping his arms around me in a hug.

"I missed my cuddle buddy last night." he says, holding me closer and nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck.

I let out a laugh before answering, "I know. I did too." 

We sit like this for a few minutes before he leans up and gives me a quick kiss.

I smile like an idiot after he pulls away and blush slightly.

"You're cute." he chuckles before looking at his computer again to resume putting grades in.

"I can't stay very long Jack. I'm going over to Brittney's house while my brother's at baseball practice."

"Oh." he says, frowning slightly.

"Trust me, I want to stay, as long as I possibly could. But we have a project to work on for English." I say truthfully, hugging him tighter.

"I know, I know. It's okay." he smiles, turning his head to look at me.

I lean down and kiss him quickly before hearing a knock on the door.

"I have to go." I whisper against his lips, my eyes closed.

"I love you." he says, kissing me again.

"I love you too." I answer before getting up and walking to the door. 

With my hand on the doorknob, I turn around and blow him a kiss, followed by a cheesy smile.

He laughs and pretends to catch it before doing the same for me.

I pretend to catch his and laugh as I walk out the door.

"You two make me want to throw up." Brittney says, pretending to gag when I've shut the door.

"Oh shut up." I laugh, shoving her lightly.

/// Sorry for the mushy/gushy chapter & for not updating recently. I've been busy & I didn't really know what to write for this chapter. But the next chapter & the chapter after that, there's going to be some drama(kinda) and a kind of background for Brittney. Please vote and comment on this chapter before the next one goes up :)