Luda

Ilia glanced out to the starry night sky from an Inn window. Below she saw Link following a giant moving shadow.

But something else caught her attention as well. Ilia could see yellow eyes in Link's shadow. What was going on? There were way too many strange things happening. 

Luda walked up from behind her. "Ilia it is getting late. You need to get some rest." Ilia turned around; Luda froze at the sight of her face. "Oh my. You look so much like your mother."  Ilia's heart dropped.

"But, but h-how? How do you know my mother? How did you know what my name is? Can you tell me anything about my past?" Ilia stuttered to speak.

Luda eyes watered a little. "Your mother and my mother were good friends; they grew up together. I don't know anything about you though. My mother would have told me about you."

"What do you mean by would have?" Ilia head tilted in confusion.

Luda couldn't look at Ilia. "My mother died the same way yours did?" 

Ilia froze. "M-m-my mother is dead? Why what happen? I don't remember anything."

Luda looked up at her and placed her hands on both sides of Ilia's head. "You will learn in time Ilia.  Now you need to get rest. The man in black is coming for you soon. And yes your name is Ilia."

"Where will I be sleeping, Luda?" Luda whipped her head towards the door and gestured at Ilia to follow.

"You will stay at my house, it is very calm and peaceful there. It will be easier to recover your memory that way."

"Thank you Luda,"  Ilia replied. As they crept downstairs to the lobby of the Kakariko Inn, Luda handed Ilia a blanket off one of the tables.

"You will need this. It is cold outside, and you will freeze to death wearing just that short white dress."

Ilia wrapped the wool blanket around her. As they both stepped out, the air was ice.

"That's weird?" commented Luda.

"What is it?" asked Ilia. Luda licked her index finger and stuck it in the air. "What are you doing?" Ilia added.

"Checking where the wind currents are coming from. This is highly unusual. The wind current must be either coming from the Snowpeak Mountains or something is wrong in Zora's Domain." Luda explained.

"How do you know that?"

"Well, it's normal to have a chilly breeze, not a freezing breeze. The only place in Hyrule where it is this cold is in Snowpeak mountains. An old friend of mine always wanted to go there. She lived over there." Luda pointed to a house across the street.

"Why is there a hole in the roof?"

Luda chuckled. "Oh that's a long story"

"Where is your friend now?"

Luda let out a little frown. "After her father died from shadow beast, she fled to Castle Town to avenge his death." 

"I am sorry to hear that." 

"It's okay. But what I was saying about the wind currents is that Zora's Domain must be frozen as well. Oh well, here we are at my house." 

Ilia walked inside. Luda laid out a fur bed on the floor. Ilia snuggled up and quickly fell asleep. 

A cuckoo peck Ilia on her cheek making her jump awake. She looked at the cuckoo confused. "How'd you get in here?"

The cuckoo replied with a squawk. Ilia looked out a window. It was still dark, but the fires around the house were lit up. Ilia was kinda confused because Renado's house didn't look like a house. Then she heard voices coming from under the totem pole. She laid on her belly and rested her ear on the floor. The voices were Luda and Renado. 

Lighting struck. 

Ilia's fear began to wander. The creeks started to sound like ghosts and the thought of the cemetery next door did not help.  Ilia saw a floating lantern passing by outside. "What is going on around here?" Ilia whispered to herself.

A voice of a man answered her.

"Two worlds are colliding, my dear"

Ilia lashed her eyes around looking for someone, but no one could be found. She saw shadows moving outside.

Then Ilia remembered Link went to the graveyard. He must be in trouble or worse...

Dead