Chapter Six.

November 16 2012

After a long and stressful week, the weekend was finally here. I didn't even have anything much planned, but a couple of days away from that shit hole would do justice. It was just going to be me, Bree, Netflix and junk food.

Today was the day Darryl was coming to visit from Luton. Bree had gotten over her little outburst over dinner on Monday and she and Lucille had made up.

Bree brought in the bag of food we had bought from the shops on our way home from school.

"Seeing as I'm not allowed out tonight, I might as well make the most of my Friday night" Said Bree as she dropped herself onto the seat beside me on the sofa.

"What is Lucille's son like?" I asked her as I reached into the bag and pulled out a packet of Sensations.

"He's cool, he mostly minds his own business but he's..." She trailed off as she smiled. "Start up the PlayStation".

I did as she said and turned on the console and selected the Netflix app. I threw the controller to her.

"What do you want to watch?" She asked with a mouthful of snickers.

"Obsessed; I've heard about it, but haven't seen it yet."

Bree's phone vibrated.

"It's a text message from Lucille. "Foods in the microwave, yadda yadda... I won't be home until well after midnight... and don't forget to open up for Darryl"".

I looked at the time on the clock. It wasn't even five o'clock yet. "It's going to be a long night."

"True shit" said Bree as she started up the movie.

An hour into the movie the doorbell went. Bree shot up out her seat, went to the mirror and started fixing her hair and adjusting her bra cups. "That'll be Darryl" she said as she ran to answer the door.

I stayed put, and paused the film, not wanting to miss anything. I listened out for the voices I heard out in the hallway. I heard what I thought was lip smacking, as if people were kissing, but I just brushed it off. It was probably just roaches.

Bree walked into the living room shortly after and followed was the most sexy guy I had ever seen.

"Tash, this is Darryl, Lucille's son. Darryl, this is Tash, our newest addition." She said with the widest grin I'd ever seen her pull, her white teeth glistening as if she were the star of a toothpaste ad. I couldn't blame her to be honest. Darryl was pure perfection.

"Nice to finally meet you, Tash" Said Darryl as he held out his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand and forgot to remove it from his tight grip. Awkward.

Bree quickly ushered him to the kitchen and came back.

"He's gorge, ain't he?" squealed Bree. "But he's twenty-four, so step back." She eye balled me.

"He's alright, I guess," I lied. That was a real understatement!

Darryl's mocha coloured skin complemented his hazel eyes; his lips were thick, juicy and moisturized. His waves were so flawless, it could make someone sea sick, and his goatee was perfectly groomed, not matted like many of these so called 'beard gang' guys. The 6'3 muscular physique topped it all off.

I needed him. I was going to have him; one way or another.

"Well, seems like everyone's good, so I'm off" Continued Bree.

"Where are you going?"

"To the party" Bree smiled.

"...But I could have sworn Lucille said you couldn't go." I couldn't figure out what this girl playing at.

Bree laughed. "Yes, and...? She said she wouldn't be back until late. I'll make sure I'm back before midnight. She'll never know, right?"

I could feel her glaring at me. I stared at the packet of Haribo's on my lap, trying my hardest not to make eye contact. I may have been many things, but not a snitch.

"Anyways, I'm going to get ready now;" With that she skipped up the steps and into her room.

I unpaused the movie and continued watching.

-

Half an hour later, Bree walked into the living room, her heels in hand. She looked even more gorgeous. She straightened her weave dead straight and beat her face complete with a pair of red cherry lashes.

"How do I look?" she asked me while checking herself out in the mirror.

"Amazing", I replied. I weren't lying either. The high waist acid washed jeans she wore with a white turtleneck crop top complimented her hourglass figure.

"Aren't you going to be cold? It's freezing outside" I asked.

"Real women sacrifice, T" Bree replied as she winked at me.

She put on and strapped up her white chunky heels and applied Ruby Woo lipstick just as Darryl walked in.

"Whoa, where you going Gabrielle?" he smirked, looking her up and down.

"Out." She said simply. "And what have I told you about calling me by my government name?"

"My mistake," he chuckled. "Does mum know about this?"

"No, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention it either." She said as she picked up her leather jacket and clutch.

Darryl sat beside me on the sofa where Bree had sat earlier.

"See you guys later." She shouted back as she slammed the front door shut behind her.

Silence echoed through the room.

"So..." He spoke up, "how've you settled in here?"

"Erm, good; I guess." I said hesitantly.

"You don't have to be shy around me, you know." Darryl laughed. "I don't bite, it's Adrianne you have to watch out for."

"Adrianne?"

"Yeah, my sister. Little violent thing; you'll meet her soon enough. She's coming back to London for Christmas."

"Oh yeah, Lucille told me about her when I just moved here."

"I reckon you'll love it here. We're a crazy bunch." Darryl sniggered. That was the first I'd seen his teeth. Perfect set – no surprise there.

I was falling for this guy even more by the minute. I loved everything about him.

Yep. I'm going in.