Chapter Seven.

21 December 2012

It had been exactly five weeks since Darryl and I got together.
He left that same weekend and went back to Leeds, but we exchanged numbers. I made sure I called him everyday, he never really answered my calls or texted me back; but that was beside the point.

It was four days til Christmas. This was my first Christmas away from my real family. It felt odd, but nonetheless I was surrounded by people who cared about me, so I was happy.

"Girls" said Lucille as we ate lunch on the sofa. "Adrianne's coming over tomorrow night. You haven't met her yet have you, Tash?"

"Nope" I said with a mouthful of dominos pizza.

"I reckon you'll both get on just fine. You two had a bit of a 'moment' when you first moved here; didn't you Bree?"

Lucille may as well had been talking to herself because Bree was more interested in whatever she was gawking at on her phone.
The awkward silence ate at me so I nudged her.

"Ow, what?!" She shouted at me.

"Just leave her, Tash. She's in one of her moods again"

"Urgh, whatever" Bree mumbled under her breath as she got up and stormed off up the stairs.

Lucille shook her head.

"Anyways, I'm going to the supermarket to do the last of the Christmas shopping. You want to come with?" Said Lucille finishing the slice of pizza that was on her plate.

"Nah, I'll stay. It's too cold outside."

"All right baby." And she left the room.

I just turned the TV up and watched old episodes of 'The Big Bang theory'.

My phone started ringing.

Nathan.

I hesitated, then answered.

'Hey T, what's good? I ain't heard from you in a minute.'

"I've just been busy." I lied.

' Hmm, well I was wondering if you wanted to come winter wonderland with me later..'

"Erm, I can't," I lied some more. "I'm helping out in the kitchen."

'So you can't even slip out for a couple hours?'

"Nah, I promised Lucille. You know how it is with that good Christmas dinner prep." I giggled an awfully awkward giggle.

'Damn,' Nathan sighed on the line. ' Well merry Christmas. Talk to you later.'

I hung up.

It wasn't like I didn't have feelings for him anymore, but ever since me and Darryl got down I just couldn't help fantasising over him. I needed more.

Nathan's dead conversation caused my already low battery to completely die.
I went up to my bedroom to get my charger, walking across the landing I couldn't help but peek my head through Bree's bedroom door which was open slightly.

"Bree"

"What do you want?" She said without lifting her gaze off her phone.