Chapter 4

I paid and began to walk off with my coffee in my hand when I felt a gentle yet steady grip on my shoulder.

"Wait."

I turned around. Levi. I looked up at him expectantly. What does he want from me?

He winked at me. "Hey, I'm Levi. Levi Corielli. It's nice to meet you. So... I'm kinda new around here. I was wondering if you could maybe show me around? We could grab some coffee sometime this week?"

Say no!

I smiled up at him. "I'm Alyssa Skerst, and sure. Why not?" I said politely.

Dammit.

He smirked. "I wrote my number on your cup. Text me later so I can save your number too."

"How did you know I was even going to say yes? And you wrote on my cup the other day too!" I exclaimed.

"I'm groovy, you wouldn't be able to resist me." He wiggled his eyebrows. And with that, he strolled off and resumed his work.

Seriously? Out of the whole English language... Groovy?

I always found myself smiling around this guy, yet I'd barely spoken to him a couple times.

I unlocked the front door and stepped in, shutting the door behind me, with my empty cup still in hand. The warmth embraced me almost immediately.

"Why are you carrying around an empty cup for?" My brother piped up in front of me.

"Well hello to you too, Antonio," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Hello from the other sideeeeee," my brother broke out, singing. "And my name is Anthony."

I rolled my eyes once again. "Whatever you say, Antonio."

"You roll your eyes so much that your eyes are going to roll to the back of your head and stay there one day." He exaggerated. I glared at him and walked off into the kitchen.

Seeing as mom and dad were at work, and there was no leftovers from yesterday's dinner, we ordered some pizza over the phone, and were waiting for it to arrive. I lay on my bed facing the ceiling, with my phone in my hand.

What was I supposed to message Levi? Hi butt nugget? Yo breadstick?

Hey, it's Alyssa, I sent.

"Girl, stop crying. Ain't nobody wanna give you a tissue." My brother kicked my door open, with a box of pizza, two glasses and a bottle of coke in his hand.

"I'm not crying..." I trailed off.

"Well it looked like you were."

"You're blind" I laughed at him.

"I'm legally blind!" Anthony got up and started running around my bedroom, sending me into a fit of giggles. He soon joined in and fell over from laughing so hard, which only made me laugh more. Eventually, our laughter died down and we began to eat. We were both on our phones but we still spoke now and again when one of us would tell the other about something that happened during their day.

My phone beeped. It was from Levi, and read Yo wifey.

My brother looked up from his phone, and raised his eyebrows. "Who are you texting? Your boyfriend?"

"No!" I felt a blush rising to my cheeks. "I have friends, you know."

"Actually, Kian doesn't even bother texting or calling you when he can just open his window and call out to you, and Lia hates texting so she would just call you on the phone." He took a deep breath as he finished his statement.

"Yeah well maybe I'm speaking to Ethan," I bluffed.

"I think you sometimes forget that Ethan is my friend too. His phone is broken." He retorted and I groaned.

Suddenly, my phone was snatched out of my hand, and before I could realise what was going on, Anthony had unlocked my phone and opened the messages icon. I jumped up and tried to tackle him to get my phone back but he remained unbothered by my punching and shoving. Anthony held my phone above his head and I watched as he frantically typed away. My brother is a foot taller than me so there was no way I could get my phone back until he chose to give it to me himself. I huffed and sat down on my bed, sticking my tongue out at him.

Eventually, he chucked my phone on the bed and ran out of the room yelling "Please don't kill me," and I faintly heard him lock his bedroom door.

I unlocked my iPhone and immediately checked my messages to see what my brother had texted Levi, which was I have a boyfriend.

Beep. I have a maths test, came Levi's reply.

What? I texted back, confused.

Levi: I thought we were talking about things we could cheat on..?

Me: Cheating is not cool

Levi: I know, I was just kidding. But really, do you have a boyfriend?

Me: No..

Levi: THANK GOD!!1!11!!!

Levi: I mean... Oh

Levi: So... Would you like to go for coffee on Saturday? You could show me around town afterwards?"

Me: Sure, what time?

Levi: Is 2pm good?

Me: Yeah

Levi: I can't wait

Levi: Goodnight cutie

Good night Levi.

January 18, 2016
01:14