Chapter 12

Thank you for 1.5k votes!

Levi's POV

I walked down the school fields to an empty spot of grass, and started warming up so that I could do some football training. I wiped away the thin layer of sweat that had formed on my forehead, then chucked my bag under a nearby tree and grabbed my football.

While practicing a few new football moves, I heard clapping from the other side of the field and turned around to see a guy walking towards me. He looked a little older than me but was still young enough to be a student, so I assumed he was a senior.

As he got closer, I took in his appearance. He had straight hair, which was styled up in a quiff, and he was dressed in Adidas tracksuits. He seemed like one of those kids that your mom would tell you to stay away from, but you would hang out with them nonetheless.

"Hey dude, you should come to the tryouts after school tomorrow, you'd definitely get on the team." He proclaimed when he reached me, and we shook hands in greeting.

"You really think so?" I questioned, kicking at the grass beneath my feet. Alyssa was walking past the field at a distance and hadn't noticed us yet. I chuckled when she tripped and fell face first into the grass.

"Yeah, honestly. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it." He paused when he noticed me watching Alyssa. "You met her yet?" He asked, pointing towards her.

The sun shone on the top of my scalp, heating it up, and I rubbed at it to sooth it. I grinned. "Alyssa? Yeah. Something about her intrigues me but I dunno what it is. She's amazing." I murmured, slightly dreamily. I'm not even dating her yet, and I'm already so attached to her. God knows what'll happen when she becomes my girlfriend.

"That's what I thought too." He said harshly.

I tensed up and turned to glare at him, immediately getting defensive over Alyssa. "What do you mean by that?" I growled.

"Relax dude." He chuckled, raising his hands in the air in a surrendering motion. "What I mean is, she's not like what she seems like."

"Huh?" I faltered, a little baffled.

He sighed. "I'd advise you to stay away from her. You seem like a smart guy, so you should listen to my advice."

"Why?" I asked, still confused. I grabbed my water bottle and began to drink some water.

"I had a terrible experience dating her. She would want to have sex multiple times a day. It was too much, you know? Then when I broke up with her because of it, she tried to turn it around on me. Told people I was forcing myself onto her." He trailed off nervously, worried about my response.

I spluttered, almost choking on the water that I was drinking. "That's bullshit. Why should I believe you?" I urged, eyebrows raised. Alyssa isn't like that and I know it. She wouldn't do that.

"You can ask anyone about it if you like. Just say you know about Alyssa and that guy she dated, then watch people's reactions." He assured me.

I breathed out. Was there a chance that this could actually be true? "I mean... I don't know... That really doesn't sound like something she would do."

"I know, but she did. And I want to get revenge." He said hesitantly, awaiting my response.

"What! How?" I retorted. No way was I going to let him do something to hurt Alyssa.

"I'm going to hurt her so bad. I'm going to get her back for what she did to me." He snickered, slightly aggressively.

"Dude, she's a girl! You can't hit her. That's wrong." I hissed, interrupting him before he could say any more.

"No, no, not like that. Emotionally." He explained.

I rolled my eyes. "And how are you going to do that?"

"I'm gonna need your help. I need you to make her fall in love with you, then leave her. Break her heart. Play her." He said in a hushed tone.

"You wish. I'll make her fall in love with me, but I won't leave her afterwards. I'm not that kind of person. I won't do it." I refused. How could he ask someone he met 10 minutes ago to do such a thing?

"Come on mate, help a bro in need." He pleaded.

I shook my head. "No."

"Fine. Just think about it though. Thanks anyway, mate. See ya later." He sighed.

"Wait. I never got your name?" I called out, waving him over. I needed some sort of identification for this guy, since I knew nothing about who he was.

"I'm a senior, you'll see me around." He responded, and I shrugged, waving him off.

Once I'd showered in the locker room, I left school and headed over to Starbucks for my shift. I was thinking about what the senior had told me the whole journey there. Was he telling me the truth? He seemed like a troublemaker but he also didn't look like the type of guy to lie. However, he hadn't told me anything else about himself (not even his name), so there was really no reason for me to trust him.

When I got there, Alyssa was already sat studying on one of the tables, so I tried to start my shift without distracting her. She must have left the school building before me.

"Hi." She chirped, smiling warmly at me when she noticed me.

"Hey." I mumbled, trying to think of an excuse to stay away from her awhile. Nothing was wrong between us, but I needed a bit of time to think about what the senior had told me. Nonetheless, I had no proof that what he said was true so there was no need for me to be horrible to Alyssa. I just needed to ask someone about it to make sure. "We're not really allowed to have friends hanging around during shifts so you should probably go back to studying."

"Is something wrong?" She asked, instantly noticing the difference in my tone.

"No. It's nothing." I lied, avoiding Alyssa's eyes and wiping away invisible dust on the counter. A customer walked in and I used them as an excuse to avoid conversing with Alyssa, but as soon as I'd served them, she spoke to me again.

"I can tell you have something on your mind, what is it?" She asked once more, questioning me.

"... I said it's nothing!" I yelled roughly, and a couple customers turned to stare at us. I looked over at Alyssa and watched as the disappointment flashed across her eyes. I immediately felt guilty; I shouldn't have done that- she was only trying to help.

WHO IS THIS GUY? IS HE TELLING THE TRUTH? OOOO, EVERYTHING'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN IN HEREE

I'm so sorry for such an awful chapter lovelies! Let me know what you think of this chapter... I really don't like it, so I may bring it down or replace it with something else -mila x

May 25, 2016
23:19