Chapter 9

I opened my eyes and turned over to check the time on my alarm clock. 1pm. I screamed.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? I heard you shouting." Anthony said, bursting into the room, his face full of concern.

I giggled. "I'm fine. It's just... I have a date with Levi today... In two hours... And I need to get ready!"

He rolled his eyes and left the room. "Oh. Just make sure you come downstairs and have breakfast first."

I rushed downstairs and hurriedly ate some breakfast before running back up the stairs in record time.

I had a quick shower and let my wavy hair down to dry. After 40 long minutes of standing in front of my wardrobe in underwear and searching for the perfect outfit, I gave up and groaned. "Ugh! Nothing to wear!"

I rang Lia and added Mila to the call. "Girls, it's an emergency. I don't know what to wear for my date with Levi!"

I heard Lia gasp from the other end of the line.

"Alright, we gotta stay calm. We can work this out." Mila said, her breath shaky.

We finally pulled together a casual look that I was pleased with.

(Below)

"Time for makeup!" I whispered to myself and grinned

"Time for makeup!" I whispered to myself and grinned. I didn't want to go overboard with my makeup so I just applied a little concealer under my eyes and mascara to my lashes.

I picked up my eyeliner. "If I fuck up my eyeliner, I fuck up everything. I need to do this properly." I whispered to myself.

Somehow managing to draw my eyeliner evenly, I looked up to the ceiling. "So blessed. So moved. So grateful. Thank you God."

I was ready just on time, since it was nearing 3pm. Right on cue, I heard a car horn sound from outside in the driveway. I'm guessing that's probably Levi.

I ran down the stairs and slipped into the kitchen (where Anthony was) to say goodbye before I left. "I'm leaving now. Love you bro. Bye."

"Have fun and stay safe. Love you too." He hummed, lifting his head from his phone to smile at me.

I unlocked the front door to see a pickup truck parked in front of me. This can't be Levi, can it? The driver rolled down his windows, and Levi was satt there with shades on. He winked at me and smirked. "I'm lost, can you tell me which road leads to your heart?"

I walked to the side of the window that he was on, and pointed to the end of the road. "You turn left at the next exit and drive at full speed until you've managed to drive off the cliff."