8: Seven Minutes In Heaven With The Delinquent

After nearly running Nolan Harris with my car again, I decided to drop my siblings off with the groceries back at our house and headed straight to the police station. I didn't really know why I was going, but all I knew was that I needed some answer from this so-called bad boy so that maybe, the dude could tell which intersections to avoid just in case, you know, he just so happened to be chased by a cop again.

As I entered the police station, I immediately felt out of place because 1) I wasn't a cop and 2) I was a potential criminal.

I took a look around my surroundings and realized that all the seats were taken, and just as I was about to let out a sigh of frustration, one of the doors that lead to another room opened with a creak and out came Nolan Harris with a policeman removing his cuffs. Nolan didn't see me at first because he was too busy looking at the ceiling probably asking God why he was even in this predicament in the first place but when he shifted his gaze forward, well, he saw me

I awkwardly waved.

"Look, kid, if we catch you vandalizing somebody's property again, you will be put into jail, you hear me?" The bald policeman said in a stern tone as I slowly creeped up on the two. "You're just lucky the owner of that building isn't even pressing charges on you, okay? So do what you gotta do, and cover that crap up in the next few days."

Nolan rolled his eyes. "It's not crap," he insisted. "It's art."

The police snorted. "No, it's a felony," he snapped. "And the next time you do it--"

"I'll go to jail," Nolan finished for him as he began rubbing his wrists. "Yeah, I get it. So can I go now?"

The police nodded. "But just remember that your father wouldn't want you to be doing this kind of stuff, okay, Nolan Lucas?"

Nolan glared at the officer but didn't say anything.

After giving Nolan some final warnings, the officer finally left and I was forced to face Nolan myself.

"Hi," I said, grinning.

Nolan sighed. "Hey."

There an awkward silence that came upon us and I was pretty sure the awkwardness was making the people around us feel as uncomfortable as Nolan and I were. In that moment, I realized that I should have saying something to explain my reason for even being at the police station because the dude probably thought I was some crazy stalker. However, the words didn't seem to come out of my mouth and if Nolan wasn't facing me at the moment, I would have most likely slapped myself across the face for being so damn unskillful when it came to social interactions with an extremely attractive guy. 

"So," Nolan said, scratching his head. "Why are you here?"

"Because I wanna know why you keep on running away from the police and why I'm always the person who's always this close to running you over, that's why! I mean, for Christ's sake, if you don't want to tell me what's going ON then that's completely fine but at least have the decency to, you know, tell me which streets to avoid so that I don't get a stroke whenever you and your hooded face come over to the hood of my car!" I cried out, finally.

Nolan stared down onto me with wide eyes and I covered my mouth with my hands, and I squeaked out, "How's your leg?"

Nolan looked at me dumbfounded and laughed. "My leg's actually alright. For now though--"