Chapter 2

When we pull up to the house I'm completely shocked. You could definitely tell that we're on the rich side because the house is massive! There's cars lined up in the big driveway and up and down the street. We all get out of the car and head towards the front door. The front of the house is trashed. People are everywhere and cups are scattered all over the grass.

I look at Joshua and he has the biggest smirk on his face. "This is the best party you've ever been to and we're not even inside yet."

"No Joshua, I'm thinking about how they're going to clean this place up because it's fucked up."

He shakes his head and puts his arm over my shoulder. "Only you would think that Lynn. Ty's family is loaded, so I'm sure they'll have someone else clean for them. Now let's go inside."

We all walk inside and to say the house is packed is an understatement. We have to squeeze in between people. I hold onto Joshua's shirt while Ava and Madison follow Cooper. It takes us about ten minutes to finally make it to the kitchen because people were constantly stopping Joshua to hug or talk to him.

When we walk into the kitchen I'm already sweating from walking through the crowds of people.

Ava hops off the kitchen counter and walks towards us. "What took y'all so long?"

I look over my shoulder and point towards Joshua. "People kept stopping us to talk to him. Well every time I tried to walk off he'd use me as an excuse to leave from them, but some girl just didn't care."

"What was the girl doing?"

"Yeah, what was this girl doing?" Madison says while she crosses her arms and walks over to us.

I look at both of them. "She was just all over him. You could tell he was uncomfortable, but he was being polite. I think she thought I was with him, or something because she jumped up, slung her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. Then looked down at me and asked him who I was."

They look at each other and then back at me. Madison was the first to speak. "I'm sure that was Ashley. She's Ty's sister and a big ass groupie. She always tried to date Josh. Even when we were dating, but he never gave her the time of day. Once she found out we were no longer together, she's been trying ever since. It doesn't help that he's the best running back in the country either. That's the real reason why she's trying to get him. Says she's made to be a 'football wife.' The bitch is crazy."

"Yeah she is. She tried to date Cooper during the summer." Ava says smiling. "But he told her to go take a hike."

I laugh. "Leave it to Cooper to say something like that."

Madison shakes her head. "No girl, you know Ava don't curse. He really said and I quote, 'Bitch go take a hike and get the hell away from me.'"

We all start laughing.

Madison yells and points at Joshua to make sure she has his attention. "And I hope his ass don't fall for her shit."

He looks over at us, smile and raise his hands up. "You don't have to worry about that. I told you that everything is still in your hands. Just say the word babe."

Madison smiles and roll her eyes at him and he winks at her.

He walks over to where we're standing and put his arm around my shoulder. "Lynn, I thought about something. I'm gonna be the DD tonight. You need to live a little. Take a few shots with the girls and Coop whenever he comes back."

I snort and look up at him. "I don't need to take shots to live a little and it's cool, I'm okay being the DD. You have fun. Your friends obviously misses you, so do some shots with them. And where did Cooper go anyway?"