five

Isabel's POV

Last night was weird. I kissed Ethan, a boy I have only known for a day. I don't lie, they both are cute but I just moved here and I need time to breath.

I woke up this morning around 6:30. I couldn't go back to sleep. About an hour after I woke up, I got a text from Grayson.

G: good morning ;) this morning we are going to church and I was wondering if you wanted to come with

They go to church? I rarely go so I decided to go with them.

I dressed nice in a black dress and wore some nice nude sandals. I painted my toes white. I took a speed jacket so I wouldn't look as ridiculous as last night.

I straightened my hair.

G: come whenever you're ready

I replied with 'k' and walked over a few minutes after.

He must have been waiting by the door because he opened it as soon as you could get a view of me through the door window.

"You look nice" he said.

He was wearing a teal shirt with black pants and some nice black dress shoes.

"You too" I said back.

I walked in and sat down in the living room where no one was because they were still getting ready. By now it was about 7:45 am.

Grayson took a seat across from me. As soon as he sat down, Ethan came in and tackled him then ran off. He saw me and took a double take.

"Oh hi Isabel" he said with a smile

"Hi, you look handsome" I said

"You look really pretty." He said back

Ethan then walked away.

"Do you and Ethan have something going on?" Grayson said concerned it sounded.

"Ummmm... Not really" I said remembering that Ethan told me not to tell anyone.

"Oh because you guys seem awkward and you guys weren't like that last night." He stated clearly that something was going on but I couldn't tell him. I don't want to and I don't look forward to.

"Really?" I asked acting like I didn't know what he was talking about. It was going to use every tactic I knew to cover this up like it never happened. It was just a kiss like c'mon. We are making it a bigger deal than it really is.

"Yeah... Anyways, would you like something to drink?" He offered while changing the subject. I felt relived but at the same time I felt like he knew something I didn't know.

"I'll have some water"

We both walked into the kitchen and he grabbed a glass cup and put it in the fridge thing and filled it up with water and ice.

"Thanks" I said and he handed me the cup.

Ethan came back in and told us it was time to go. We got in his moms car. His parents said hi to me and so did their sister and we talked the whole way there. I just loved it here in New Jersey. I loved how green it was and everything. There were hills, beautiful houses, everything was just amazing. It may be no big deal to some but I love places like this.

When we got to the church, we stood outside as his parents talked to other people. Cameron found a friend and she talked to her and Grayson put his arm around my waist, I looked at him awkwardly and he took it away.

"Sorry" he said

"It's fine..." He laughed uncomfortably.

"Hey Isabel!" Ethan said signaling with his finger for me to go up to him. He walk talking to some boys that he wanted to introduce me to.

"Hey guys this is Isabel. She moved from North Carolina."

"Hey" they all said at the same time.

He gave me their names and we all just talked until the church bells rang for us to go inside.

We sat in the 5th hue from the alter. There was one prayer where we all had to hold hands and I held both of their hands, it was so awkward. I love them as friends but they are very touchy.

Church went by so slowly. The whole time Grayson and Ethan were poking eachother behind me and picking on me. I have never liked going to church because I'm not the kind of spiritual person.

What felt like a million years was really only like an hour and a half. I felt so relieved when church was over because that meant I got to go home and hang out with them. I did enjoy going but only with them.

After church, we ate at Applebee's for an early lunch. The crack me up because they are so obnoxious in a cute boy way. To be honest, I think I'm falling for Grayson.