Chapter 2

Three days later it's time for me to go home. Sarah would be in school when I got there but Georgia would be home. I boarded the chopper and we started our flight back to Florida. A few hours later we landed back at the base and I can tell you I've never been happier to see the fence surrounding the buildings. We took the jeep to my house and I got out with my team they surrounded me so I would be hidden from view and my captain knocked on the door. When my wife opened the door Captain Johnson said "Mrs. Phillips, we have someone here to see you." And then he stepped out of my way.
She nearly tripped trying to get to me and when she finally did she crushed me in a hug. "I'm so glad you're home." She said and I hugged her back before I pulled back. "We have to go surprise Sarah now." I said and she nodded. "I'll call the school and let them know what's going on it's parent career day at school so I'll ask if they can call them to the auditorium." She said and I nodded. She called and got it set up so we drove to the school with my team.
Georgia was going to be in the front row seat recording this so I waited backstage with my team. When I heard the kids coming in the principal came backstage with us and told me when to come out. She stepped back onstage to give her announcement.
"We have a few visitors here to see a little girl that is seated with you in the crowd, he hasn't seen his daughter for a while and wants to surprise her. Come on out Mr. Phillips and bring the others you have back there with you." She said and so I came out with my team. When I stepped into view my daughter jumped up and ran onstage. "Daddy!" She jumped in my arms and I held her tight like she might disappear like this was a dream. I pulled her back and asked how she was doing in school. She said she was doing good and I sat her down on her feet. The principal then gave me the microphone and asked me to tell the kids what I do.
"I am a United States Navy Seal and this is my team behind me, my captain and the rest of the guys. We work hard to keep our country safe and sometimes work alongside the Marines. I was held captive and tortured for two months in the desert and just managed to escape." I said and then one of the kids asked me to prove it. I looked to the principal for permission and when she nodded her head I handed her the microphone and slipped my shirt off showing them the bandages and scars from the first week. She gave the mic back to me and I told them what these scars came from. "The ones that are still bandaged are from when they stabbed me over and over again, the scars on my back are from the whips, and the one on my shoulder is from when they shot me as they captured me." I said and slipped my shirt back on.
Then I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen that brought me to my knees but I stood back up with help from my team. The crowd applauded for my speech and then I walked backstage with my daughter. "What happened commander?" Captain Johnson asked and I shook my head. "I don't know I just got a sharp pain in my abdomen and it passed just as you helped me up." I said and then felt it again but passed out this time from the pain. When I woke up I was in the hospital and my family and team were there looking at me.
"What happened?" I asked and it was my captain who spoke up. "We don't know yet, they're looking at your x-rays as we speak." He said and I nodded. The doctor came in a second later and looked at me. "So we didn't find anything in the x-rays so we're going to need a blood sample to check something." He said and I nodded. The nurse came in with a syringe and took a sample of my blood to go test.
We waited a few minutes and when they came back in they were frantic. "What's going on?" I asked when they told the team and my family to leave the room but they let my captain stay. "Rattlesnake venom." Those two words and everything changed for me. "It seems it was altered to activate within two weeks and it just activated." He said and just then I felt an agonizing pain in my abdomen and my chest was burning. They told my captain to hold me down while they injected the anti-venom in my bloodstream since I was convulsing. By the time they got that finished I couldn't breathe and I passed out.
When I woke up I was hooked to a few machines and the pain was down to a dull ache. I looked around and saw Georgia sitting on the couch by the wall with Sarah, they were asleep and looked like they had been crying.
I need water and just when I thought that a doctor came in and saw me awake. He looked surprised and I asked him for water so he got some and I took it gratefully. "How long was I out?" I asked and he said I was out for a week. "Your wife never left this room except for food and to take your daughter to school and your team asked me to notify them as soon as you woke up so I'm going to go ahead and do that." He said and I nodded.
He walked out of the room and a few minutes later the team came in. "Well I survived." I said and they nodded. "We honestly thought we had lost you but you're awake and what we want to know is how they managed to get that rattlesnake venom in your system." They said and I thought for a minute. "The only thing I can think of is they dipped the knife they stabbed me with in it." I said and they nodded.
"We went looking for that compound they had you at and found it, it was abandoned, like they just packed up and left in a hurry." Captain Johnson said and I nodded. Just then the doctor came in and handed me a letter. "Someone dropped this off for you." He said and then left. I opened the letter and read it.
"We're coming for you and your family." It said and I obviously went pale when I saw the picture of my little girl at school because my captain asked what was wrong. I handed him the note and when he read it he looked angry. "Now we know why they left, we gotta get you and your family to a safe house, one that's off the grid." He said and I nodded looking at my wife and daughter sleeping on the couch. "I know a place, it's a safe house I built that doesn't even have an address in a secluded location." I said and they nodded. "We'll have a few guards posted around that house but you'll have to show us where it is when you get out of here tomorrow." They said and I nodded.
Georgia woke up just then and looked at me. She lay Sarah down gently so she wouldn't wake her up and came to sit beside me. "We have to go to the safe house tomorrow so I need you to get some stuff packed and ready to go and get Russell ready to go with his dog bowl and bed." I said and she asked why we had to go there. "I'll tell you later now go get everything ready to go and we're leaving early in the morning." I said and she nodded giving me a hug and a kiss goodbye. "One of you go with her and keep her safe." Captain Johnson said and Lt. Hart said he would. "Who's Russell?" Lt. Martin asked. "That's our red nosed  blue pitbull, he's our guard dog." I said and he nodded.
The team left but my captain and Lt. Martin stayed and the doctor came in. "I'm going to have to leave first thing in the morning." I told him and he shook his head. "I'm sorry but you're not well enough to leave tomorrow." He said and my captain then explained why I had to leave tomorrow and the doctor paled and said he would get the release forms. Then we asked if I could keep the dog in here for tonight and he said we could since we had to leave so early in the morning and I nodded.
I sent Georgia a text to bring Russell up here when she got here and she said ok. She got back a few minutes later and when she brought Russell in he was excited to see me back but like it was a sixth sense he stayed off of me but jumped on the bed. "Hey buddy, how you been?" I asked him and he thumped his tail. "He's beautiful." Lt. Martin said and Russell looked at him and smiled his dog smile with his tongue hanging out the side.
"I think he said thanks." I said and they laughed. When Georgia sat back down beside Sarah she woke up and when she saw me up her eyes lit up. "Daddy!" She said and ran to me and hugged me. "How long have you been up?" She asked and I said just an hour or two and she nodded. "And why is Russell here?" She asked when she noticed him at the foot of the bed. "We have to go somewhere safe tomorrow morning and we couldn't leave him home on his own, who would take care of him?" I said and she nodded.
"Did you get everything?" I asked Georgia and she nodded her head. It was dark outside so I told Sarah to sit with Georgia and to go to sleep since it's her bedtime and she did. Captain Johnson handed me my pistol and I slipped it in the drawer beside the bed. I fell asleep satisfied that my family would be safe in here with me when my captain and the other two stepped outside the room to guard the door.

Secret SEALजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें