Chapter 9

Today was the day I go undercover in Iran, my disguise is a man named Jamaal Finley, a man the Admiral had in custody and now I have to shapeshift and become this person and try to get the voice right.
Finding out I was a shifter was one of the biggest secrets I was told, I can't tell any human except my wife, the American military, and the American government, but that shouldn't be a problem.
"You ready for this?" Captain Johnson asked me. "Since when am I not ready for anything?" I asked in Jamaal's voice as I became Jamaal Finley.
"Good, now remember, you can't blow your cover. This should be a quick mission, find out their plans, report to us, and get out." He said and I nodded.
I was to infiltrate the militia and find out their plans against America. "Ok Lucian, now remember what I taught you, just think about the voice of the person you are and it should work." Lucas said and I nodded. "I think I got this now, thanks for helping me with this." I said and he nodded.
They placed the handcuffs on my wrists because it's a hostage exchange, their guy for ours, and took me to the chopper. What they don't know is, their guy is dead and they're getting me instead and they won't ever know this.
They took our newest member, Sam Hamilton, and we get him back today. We got close to the exchange area and my captain looked at me. "Good luck Lucian, report back tomorrow to let us know how you're doing." He said and I nodded.
"Here we are." The pilot said as we landed and Lt. Hart got out first and pulled me out. To make it look real they pushed me onto my knees and waited. "We have your man here, now give us ours!" He shouted and the enemy came out of hiding pulling Sam behind them. God he looked terrible, they beat him almost as bad as that terror group beat me, only without the knives.
They let him go and as Lt. Hart released me he whispered "good luck commander, be careful." He said as I got up and walked over to the enemy.
"Welcome back Jamaal, hope they didn't treat you badly." Their leader said. "Not as bad as you treated that boy." I said and he nodded, so far so good.
"Now, we need to get you rested and tomorrow, we will talk about our plans." He said and I nodded.
I walked to the room I would be sleeping in and lay on the small bed. Lucas made me part of his pack temporarily so I could contact them through the mind-link and so I decided I would test it out.
I started concentrating and soon I felt the connection take hold. 'Lucas?' I said. 'Yes Lucian, it's me.' He said. 'I'm in and so far so good.' I said then noticed the computer in the room. 'There's a computer in the room I'm supposed to sleep in I'm going to check it out and see if there's anything useful and let you know so you can tell Captain Johnson.' I said and he said ok and cut the link.
I got up to check the computer for Intel and sat at the desk. "Ok now what have you got for me." I said and hacked into the files. "I see." I said as I looked through the files.
It seems we have a rat in our team so I decided to let Lucas know so he could tell my captain. 'Lucas, we have a problem.' I said through the link.
'What is it?' He asked and I told him. 'We have a spy in our team, his name is Johan Sarasota.' I said and he said he would report back to the captain immediately. 'Be careful, if this Johan character knows of your infiltration he could tell the militia.' He said and I told him I would be very careful and cut the link.
I shut off the computer and turned to see the leader of the militia in the door. "How are you feeling?" He asked and I put on a fake smile. "Good, thanks for asking, I think I'm going to get some sleep now." I said and he nodded leaving the room.
I lay on the bed and fell asleep instantly thinking about the rat in our team and wondering who it could be. I have known the men in my team for years and can't imagine one of them being a traitor.
I woke up the next morning and one of the militiamen was knocking at my door. "Yes?" I asked and they came in. "General Rodrigo wants to see you." He said and I nodded and followed him.
We walked down to the basement and who I saw down there made me realize that none of my team was a traitor. Lt. Hart was tied in a corner of the room beaten and cut up.
If Lt. Hart is here then that means the militia has a shifter in his form and that wasn't really him and that was Johan Sarasota. "Welcome Jamaal you ready for our plan?" General Rodrigo asked and I nodded.
"First we capture the rat in our squad." He said as someone grabbed my wrists and hit the back of my knees. "So you knew." I said and he laughed. "Only as of this morning when Johan told me, now who are you really? I know what you are because Johan told me and he's the same thing, the only thing he didn't tell me is your real name." He said and I stayed silent.
I looked to Lt. Hart and he looked up at me, he looked too weak to say or do anything so I shifted back so he would know who I was. "Ah so now I know what you look like now I just need your name." The leader said but I didn't tell him.
"Let him go and take me instead." I said and he shook his head. "No, now I have two of the SEAL operatives from the best team and they will have to come get you." He said and I mind-linked Lucas. 'I've been compromised, tell Captain Johnson that Johan is a shifter in Lt. Hart's form and don't come after me, they'll be expecting you.' I said and the reply was instant.
'Ok I'll tell him, but we won't leave you there.' He started to say but I cut him off. 'No, just incase I don't make it back tell my wife and kids I love them, but I won't risk my team or your lives, they expect you to come.' I said as I cut him off before he could reply.
When I cut the connection I noticed I was chained to the wall right beside Lt. Hart.
"Marcus, talk to me." I said trying to get to him to try to help him. He's just a human, he hasn't got as much strength supernaturals like me have.
"Lucian?" He said and then passed out. I sat back against the wall and looked at my chains, they were too thick for me to break so I just sat there hoping my family was ok and the team wouldn't try to come for me.
"Please let Marcus live, help him heal quickly." I prayed because his family needs him. Then the militia's general came in the room with a big man. "That guy is no longer a concern, now we have a new threat." He said pointing to Marcus and then me.
"Leave him alone and torture the newest captive." He said and I silently thanked God that Marcus would be able to heal and get better.
The big man came over to me and released me to drag me to the chains in the center of the room. He chained me to the ceiling so I wouldn't be able to move and got a firebrand. He put it to my side and I hissed in pain.
I was going to get worse torture than what Marcus got. "Now tell us your name and rank." Their leader said but I stayed quiet. Then the big guy, who I learned they called him goliath from how big he is, got a whip and slashed it on my back after he ripped my shirt off.
"What is your name and rank this is the last time I'm going to ask." He said and I still didn't answer him. "Do what you want to with him Goliath, we will get the information from him and then we'll know of his importance within the SEAL team." He said and left the room.
"This is going to be fun." Goliath said and I looked at him. He grabbed some sort of blade and started slicing my arms with it.
A few healed instantly but a few didn't and they wouldn't stop bleeding. They must've put something on the blade. "You will tell us who you are." He said and I replied instantly. "You won't get a thing from me." I said and he laughed.
"Oh don't worry, you will talk." He said getting a syringe filled with some sort of liquid. He injected it in me and it started burning as it worked it's way in my system. "Venom from a diamondback rattlesnake altered so it won't kill you, but it will put you through pain for about five hours and the after effects will last for another four." He said as it started burning more.
Then he took me down from the ceiling and chained me back to the wall. After he left was when it started to really hurt, but I was able to keep from screaming in pain until it got unbearable.
It felt like I was getting hit by a bus and run over by the traffic in New York, and that's a lot of vehicles. Finally I passed out after about an hour. Five hours later I woke up feeling the after effects of the venom.
I felt cold but hot at the same time and I couldn't move. Probably another side effect, I was able to look around the room and I saw Marcus awake and he was getting better. "Lucian?" He asked and I couldn't answer him, I couldn't speak. "God, they're going to end up killing you, they almost killed me with the stuff they done to me." He said and I knew it was possible.
Finally I was able to speak and I looked at Marcus. "They're not going to bother you anymore, they think I'm more of a threat." I said and he nodded. "I can't move do you think you can get over here and lean me against the wall?" I asked him.
"I can try." He said and I thanked him. He reached as far as he could and grabbed my arm pulling me to a sitting position so I was laying back against the wall. "Thanks man." I said and he nodded. "No problem, what did they do to you?" He asked and I told him.
"They injected rattlesnake venom in me again but it was altered so it wouldn't kill me and now I'm feeling the after effects of it which should last a few more hours." I said as I hissed from the burning going up my arm.
I tried to mind-link Lucas but it wouldn't work, the venom must be restricting all my abilities. A few hours later just as I was beginning to be able to move Rodrigo came in with Goliath.
They got me and chained me to the ceiling again and the leader told me he knew who I was now, Johan told him. "I know who you are, commander Phillips, what are you here for? That's one thing Johan told me he didn't know just before he died." He said and I smirked, they finally killed that rat and now he has no source of Intel.
"That you will never get from me." I said and he motioned Goliath towards me. He came over with another of his toys and started torturing me with it. This time it was a knife and he started stabbing me.
Marcus's POV:
As I watched them torture Lucian, I couldn't bear it. He couldn't do anything about it as he was chained to the ceiling and his ankles were chained to the floor. He has a family, he doesn't deserve this.
I just sat there though not saying a word, I have a family too, they need me. I thought then knew I was being selfish. They injected him with something else and he started convulsing. As they brought him back over his body seemed to lock up and his eyes rolled back. His wounds wouldn't heal, and he was beginning to get pale.
"Lucian, please stay with me." I said as I went over to him and put pressure on his wounds. I ripped my shirt off and started patching up what I could. They didn't chain him up this time I guess because he's probably going to be out cold for a few days.
Then he finally passed out, hopefully whatever this is he won't feel any pain in his sleep.
When his body relaxed I put my makeshift pillow under his head and put his arms by his side. These people need to be stopped, he won't survive if we're not rescued soon and I mean very soon.
His breathing was ragged and I checked his pulse, it was slower than it should be. The torture I went through took a few weeks to get me in the condition his torture took two days to get him in.
As I lay against the wall I thought of my family and his, he just got a son and now he may never see him again. I fell asleep a few minutes later and when I woke up the next morning they were beating an unconscious Lucian and they weren't letting up.
They would kick him, punch him, and even stabbed him a few times. I hope he's not feeling any of this because if he is it would be worse than if he was awake.
Lucian's POV:
I passed out from the pain I was in and it faded away as I slept, but I could feel the movements as Marcus put me in a more comfortable position. The next morning I was still unconscious but I knew they were beating and stabbing me, I didn't feel the pain but I felt what they were doing to me. After they tired of this they chained me back up and a few hours I woke up in pain.
I couldn't move a muscle without pain ripping through my body but I done my best to lay back against the wall. By the time I got in a sitting position against the wall I was sweating from the effort.
"Hey Lucian." Marcus said and I looked to him. "Sorry this is all happening to you." He said and I shook my head. "Not your fault, you can't help what they do." I said and he nodded.
"What did they inject in you the last time?" He asked and I shook my head. "Don't know, they wouldn't tell me." I said and he nodded and then fell asleep.
After the time I was unconscious I wouldn't be able to sleep so I sat there awake trying to think of a way out of here. I know we're basically in a compound in the middle of nowhere and there's no town for miles, but I have to think up a way out.
I looked around the basement and saw no way out, no windows and the only exit was probably guarded outside the door and I'm in no shape to fight anyone. Finally the next morning rolled around and the militia leader came back in with Goliath.
"What do you have in store for me today, you know you're not going to get anything from me." I said barely able to speak. "You know what? You're right now get up." He said releasing the chains from me and Marcus.
They started pushing us to a table and got some ropes and tied us up and carried us out to a truck. They threw us in the back of the truck and drove further away from civilization.
We got about another thirty miles away when they stopped and got out. They threw me and Marcus out of the truck and then shot me in the stomach and shot Marcus in the leg. "I believe you may last a day or two out here." They said and then left, they left us for dead and I was losing blood fast.
"Marcus, can you move?" I asked him. "I think I might be able to." He said and I nodded. "Get out of here, I'm not going to make it. Just get to civilization and call for your evac and tell them where my body will be." I said and he shook his head as he cut the ropes loose. "No I'm not leaving you out here, and don't try to argue it'll only be a waste of energy." He said and I decided I wouldn't argue with him and just go with him.
"Fine but I'm not sure how long I'll last." I said as he cut my ropes loose and helped me up.
I groaned in pain as he put my arm around his shoulders and we started our journey. "How far do you think the closest village is?" He asked and I thought for a second. "About sixty miles in any direction." I said and he sighed. "Well we have a long journey you better stay alive for your wife and two kids." He said and I nodded. "I'll try my best, I know they would hate to see my body the way it'll look if I die." I said.
We walked about ten miles when I passed out from blood loss. "Stay with me Lucian, don't you dare die." Marcus said as I could still hear him and I woke up for a second. "Tell my family I love them and give Georgia the letter I wrote for if I died." I said and he shook his head. "No, I'm going to get you out of this." He said and then I saw the headlights and so did Marcus.
He jumped up and started signaling the driver to stop. When he did and got out I heard Marcus start talking to him. "We need help, he needs medical attention immediately." He said and then I noticed what was on the vehicle. It was someone from a hospital, not an ambulance but they must work at a nearby hospital.
I blacked out again just as the guy was walking over with Marcus. I woke up again in the back seat of a van and someone was leaning over me keeping pressure on my gunshot wound. We hit a bump and I groaned as a shock of pain went through my body. "Come on Lucian we're not far now." The guy said and I nodded the best I could because I couldn't speak.
I started coughing and tasted something metallic, I'm starting to bleed from my mouth, won't be long now. I got the letter out of my pocket and handed it to the guy leaning over me just before I lost consciousness again.
Marcus's POV:
I saw headlights and got up to stop the oncoming vehicle. When they stopped I noticed the sticker on the side of the van, they work at the local hospital. "We need help, he needs medical attention immediately." I said pointing to Lucian as he got out.
As we got to Lucian I saw he was unconscious again and he was white as a ghost. We got him in the van and sped to the hospital. His gunshot wound was still bleeding so I put pressure on it and a few minutes later he woke up. When we hit a bump he groaned in pain and I kept pressure on his stomach. "Come on Lucian we're not far now." I said and he nodded.
Then he started coughing and blood started seeping from the corners of his mouth. He reached in his pocket and handed a piece of paper to me. I looked at it and noticed it was his just incase letter. I looked back to him and he was unconscious again. "Hurry!" I shouted to the driver and he sped up.
We got to the hospital ten minutes later and Lucian was barely breathing. The driver went to get a team of doctors and they brought a gurney to the van and I helped them get him on it.
"Hurry, help him now." I told them and they nodded. They rushed him to surgery to patch up his wounds and get the bullet out so I decided I would call the captain. "Can I use your phone?" I asked someone in the waiting room. "Its an emergency." I said and he nodded handing me his phone.
I dialed the captain's number and he answered on the third ring. "Who's this?" He asked and I told him. "It's me, Lieutenant Marcus Hart, get up here to Iran we're at a local hospital I'll send you my coordinates." I said and sent him the coordinates and then deleted the transaction from the phone and handed it back to the man.
"Thanks." I said and he nodded saying "you're welcome." Then a doctor came in and walked up to me. "We need to see about your leg, follow me." He said and I did. They dug the bullet out and stitched up the wound and then released me telling me to go to the waiting room and they would tell me about Lucian's condition when they finished and got him in a room.
I waited a few hours in a chair and got restless so I got up and paced the room. When you're in the military of any branch the people you work with become your family, Lucian is my brother in arms and my best friend and I pray he will survive this. My leg started to bother me so I sat back down so I wouldn't rip the stitches out.
Finally about ten minutes later a doctor came in and came to me. "We got your friend in a room, he's stable for now but we don't know if he will make it." He said and then told me the room number so I went up to his room.
When I got in the room I saw Lucian and he looked terrible, like he's been to hell and back more than once. I sat there in a chair and waited for the team. Finally a doctor came in saying I had a phone call so I got the phone and answered it. "Lt. Marcus Hart speaking." I said and the person on the other end of the line answered immediately. "What room is he in?" He asked, it was the captain.
"Room 258, just know he won't look too great when you get in here." I said and then hung up saying bye and gave the phone back to the doctor. A minute later the team came in and froze once they saw Lucian. "What happened?" Lt. Martin asked. "I was captured a few weeks ago and tortured and then they found out Lucian wasn't who he was disguised as and they captured him and started torturing him." I started and they seemed deeply entranced in my story so I kept telling them what happened.
"The second day after they started torturing Lucian they lost interest in me and left me alone and after a week of not getting any information from him even after injecting rattlesnake venom and one other thing that seemed worse in him they decided they were going to take us farther from civilization and leave us for dead, they shot him in the stomach and me in the leg and I got us ten miles from where we were left at when he passed out and I saw a van come and I stopped them and they brought us here." I said and they looked shocked.
"What did the venom and the other stuff do?" Captain Johnson asked and I told him. "The rattlesnake venom put him through pain that knocked him out for five hours and he was temporarily paralyzed and in some pain for four more after he woke up. And the second injection made him start convulsing and then his body locked up before he passed out for three days and they were beating and stabbing him while he was unconscious for those three days." I said and he looked angry.
"Once we get to them I'm going to let Lucas and Ruvel torture them before killing them." He said and I nodded. "The only reason I was able to walk after being shot in the leg is they didn't hit any arteries and I was pretty much healed from my torture, but what took them weeks to make me look like took two days for him to be weakened, so that venom had some extra punch to it." I said and he nodded.
"The doctor said that they don't know if he's going to make it." I told the team and they lowered their heads hearing the news. I looked to Lucian and talked to him hoping he could hear me. "Lucian, make it through, for your team and your family, especially your family." I said and thought I saw his finger twitch.
I sat in a chair and the rest of the guys sat in the other chairs and I fell asleep.
Lucian's POV:
I lay there hearing the doctors as they worked on me, I couldn't feel anything they were doing, but I could hear them. I heard them when they started cleaning my wounds and washed the blood from me.
I heard them when they rolled the gurney to my room and felt the movement when they moved me to the bed and started hooking me up to the machines. A few minutes later I heard the door open again and heard the broken footsteps of an injured man coming in the room. Probably Marcus as he was shot in the leg.
"You have a phone call." I heard someone tell Marcus and heard as he told someone the room I was in.
A few minutes later some people came in and the footsteps stopped once they got to where they could see me. Finally someone asked what happened and Marcus told them the whole story. After my captain said how he was going to make the militiamen suffer for what they did to me Marcus talked to me. "Lucian, make it through, for your team and your family, especially your family." He said but I couldn't answer so I twitched my finger promising I would and letting him know I heard him.