Chapter 7

It's been a month and nothing has happened so I decided to take Sarah and Georgia to the fair in town. Dad left last week to go back home and all but captain Johnson and Lt. Hart went back to the base.
We all got ready and loaded up in the Jeep to go to the fair. When we got close and Sarah saw the Ferris wheel she got excited. "Daddy can we ride the Ferris wheel?" She asked and I nodded. "Yes we can, we came here for you to have fun." I said.
"Thank you." She said and I nodded. It's her birthday so I figured we could do something special for her.
"Happy birthday Sarah." I said when we got out of the Jeep and she hugged me. We paid our way in and took Sarah to the Ferris wheel. We all got in a cart with her and a few other people since there was room for two more.
"Look at that view." Georgia said and I smiled. The fair was on a Miami beach and it overlooked the ocean, a beautiful view.
I also plan to buy a big house overlooking the ocean Georgia has been looking at for our 8 year anniversary next year. She would like that since the house we're in now is a little too small for us.
As we were on the way down I noticed someone watching our cart from the crowd, he looked suspicious so I kept on alert. We got to the ground and got out so we could go to some more rides Sarah wanted to go on.
About halfway through the day Sarah wanted on the teapot so I told her she could get on it with Georgia while I went to get some lunch for us. When I got through the line at the food truck nearby I started to order and then I heard a scream. "Daddy!" It was Sarah.
I looked around for her and saw the guy that was at the Ferris wheel trying to grab Sarah.
"No, leave my daughter alone!" I shouted as I ran full speed to them. I got Sarah and Georgia away from the guy and then fought the guy. There was a crowd gathered and as I knocked him unconscious the security guards showed up.
"What's going on here?" He asked and I told him. "He tried to take my daughter and so now I'm taking him back to our safe house to interrogate him." I said and then he looked at me. "Who are you and why are you in a safe house?" He asked.
"Commander Lucian Phillips of the U.S. Navy SEALS and this guy is with a terror group that threatened me and my family." I told him and he nodded so my captain and I took the guy to the Jeep and we threw him in the back and drove back to the safe house.
"Sorry this happened Sarah." I said and she nodded. "I had fun today though thank you daddy." She said and I nodded smiling back at her when we parked in front of the house.
We got the guy in the basement interrogation room and tied him to the chair in the middle of the room. "I called for someone to come help us with the scare tactics." Lt. Hart said and I nodded. A few minutes later I saw the guy come in it's Lucas Anghelescu, the werewolf/death angel.
"Welcome captain Anghelescu." I said and briefed him on the situation. "Ok so when do we start?" He asked getting his wings out and letting his eyes glow. "As soon as this wakes up." I said motioning to the man sitting in the chair.
A minute later he woke up but since Lucas was in the back of the room he couldn't see him. "Where is your group hiding?" I asked him and he didn't answer.
"Those little torture tactics your leader done to me are nothing compared to what's going to happen to you, that rattlesnake venom hurt less than what this is going to." I said and Lucas came out from behind the man and his eyes widened seeing the wings.
"Now if the tips of both his wings touch you there will be otherworldly pain with the way they are right now, but if he changes the color of the tips of his feathers, you will wish you were dead." I said and he gulped but didn't say anything.
"Do it." I said and he touched the tips of his wings to the man and he screamed in pain and where the wings touched turned black just before he pulled back. "Now do you believe me? Tell me where they are." I said and he finally told us everything.
"They're just a few towns north of here in a deserted area." He said and I nodded to Lucas. "Kill him." I told him and he called someone here. "Ruvel, got you another." He said and a guy in black robes appeared looking pale as death.
He motioned to the terrorist and the new guy smiled and the guy screamed just by a look from this man. "Who's he?" I asked Lucas. "That's Ruvel the grim reaper, and my sister's mate." He said and I was surprised.
"How do you know Death?" I asked him and he laughed. "Death is his father, but I know Ruvel from supernatural high school where we learn more about what we are and what we can do." He said and then Ruvel came over to us.
I looked back to where the terrorist was and saw nothing but a bloody mess. "You done all that with just a look?" I asked him and he nodded. "It's called the painful death look." He said.
"I guess we better stay on your good side." I said and he smiled as his eyes glowed red. "You already are, you're a good man Lucian and you're going to find out more about yourself within two year's time." He said. "How do you know that? Oh wait, you're the grim reaper it's your job to keep up with everyone's past, present, and future." I said and he nodded.
"I gotta get back to Cole and Tala." He told Lucas before he disappeared. "That's my sister and their son." He said and we all went upstairs. "Would you like to stay for supper?" Georgia asked Lucas and he answered immediately.
"Of course I would, thanks for the invite." He said and she smiled. "Daddy, what did you do with that bad man?" Sarah asked and I told her. "He's gone, can't hurt you anymore." I told her and she nodded. "He deserved whatever he got." She said and I nodded.
"Nobody tries to take you from me without consequences." I told her. "So this must be your daughter." Lucas said and I nodded. "This is Sarah, just turned 7 today." I said and he nodded.
"I have triplets of my own two girls and a boy, they're ten now." He said and I nodded. "How is your family?" I asked him and he said they were fine that his mate was helping his brother take care of the pack.
"Supper is ready." Georgia said so we went to get our food. When we finished with supper he got a call. "What? Be right there." He said and hung up.
"Gotta go we got rogues." He said and walked out the door, let his wings out and flew away. "What was he Lucian?" Georgia asked, she knows about the supernatural world since I'm with the SEALS she needs to know about this stuff.
"He's part death angel and part werewolf." I said and she nodded. "He had some beautiful black wings." She said and I nodded. "Beautiful but dangerous." I said and she asked how they were dangerous so I told her what they could do.
We all went back inside and I took my captain and Lt. Hart to the planning room to make a plan for tomorrow, we're going after this group. "We need to surprise them so we need a silent chopper and we need to land about two miles away from their camp." I said and he nodded. We talked more about the plan and went to the interrogation room to clean up the mess left there.
When we got there the body was gone and so was the blood but there was a note so I picked it up.
Lucian, this terrorist tried to take your kid so I helped you clean it up. His soul was sent to Hell where it belongs and he gets some of the worst of the torment. Thanks for serving our country, yes I live with Lucas and his pack since his sister is my mate, you make great sacrifices and you're going to live a long life although some bad and painful things will happen to you in the future.It said and I smiled. "Thanks for the cleanup Ruvel." I said and another note appeared.
You're welcome, just remember, don't give up.
It said and I laughed. "I won't." I said and my captain asked what the note said and so I handed it to him. And found another note for him. "This one's for you." I said and he took it and read it and then smiled.
"What?" I asked and he handed me the note.
Douglas Johnson, you're a great man and a great captain to your men, you will live a full life and your daughter will find the love of her life and so will your son. Your wife will follow you anywhere you go and you will make great decisions, your parents wanted me to tell you that they said hi and they supported your decisions from the beginning. They never showed it because they wanted you to try your best. Thanks for serving our country and thanks for the sacrifices you have made and will make for this country. It said and I smiled because it was all true, he is a great captain.
"Well said Ruvel, well said." I said and we went upstairs to go rest for the night before we left for the terrorist camp.
I got in bed beside Georgia and fell asleep.