Chapter 4

Lauren's POV

I haven't been able to concentrate all day, it doesn't help seeing Camila all loved up with her boyfriend. We just had a little argument and are clearly ignoring each other and she is perfectly fine. She doesn't seem upset, not even a little. Me? My heart is slowly breaking into little pieces, not because of the little argument but because she was happy... With someone else.

I've been hanging around with Ally all day; she's a nice girl. I exchanged numbers with her as we got on pretty well. Ally invited me to go round her house today but I said I couldn't because I was going to Camila's house. She understood and told me to text her if I needed anything; I told her how I felt about Camila. I've never told anyone but I trust Ally.

Camila wasn't in my last class and there was 30 minutes before school finished so I decided to text her.

Camila's POV

Lauren [2:50pm]
What time should I come later?

Shit. I have to tell her that I'm going back with Austin. I don't really want to see Lauren, I wanted to be with Austin today. I don't understand why she was angry because I didn't come to school with her; he is my boyfriend. I'm just going to tell her that she can't come round but I will wait.

Lauren [3:20pm]
Camz, I'm waiting outside school for you. Where are you?

Lauren's POV

Camila [3:21pm]
I'm sorry. You can't come round later because I'm going to Austin's house. He asked and I thought because we were arguing, it was best to go to his. I'll see you tomorrow.

Camila [3:22pm]
Oh, it's Saturday tomorrow. I guess I won't see you tomorrow. Haha.

Is she serious? Now is not a time to be joking about mixing up a day. She cancelled on me to go to Austin's house. This is the second time in one day... I could feel it happening, she's choosing her boyfriend over me - her best friend. I don't know how I feel.

I get in my car and stare out the window for what feels like forever. I knew I couldn't have Camila as a girlfriend because she was straight but I'm so happy to have her as a best friend but now I'm loosing her. When she told me she had a boyfriend it broke my heart. However, I knew I'd much rather have her as a best friend than not have her at all. I shook it all off and decided to stop thinking about Camila for once, it might help.

To Ally [3:45pm]
Hey Ally, it's me, Lauren. Change of plan, can I still come round?