Chapter 26

Ally's POV

"Hey girls," Camila started while walking towards the round table at the ice cream parlour, greeting Ally, Dinah and Normani. "Thanks for coming."

"No worries, we're here for you." I respond worryingly.

After, discussing what ice cream/coffee everyone wanted, Camila gets up and walks over to the counter which isn't too far from our table. Her eyes are red and they seem lost or empty. Her hands are swinging by her sides, little care in them. Her body is slouched as if there is no energy left in her body. Camila is dragging her feet across the floor, with no effort to pick them up as she walks.

"Dinah I think you've lost the bet already," I smartly say.

"How do you know that?" Dinah scoffs back at me.

"She's not going to propose stupid. Look at her, she's a mess and it's not nice to see. Something is seriously wrong. I think Lauren has done something," I start to say. "I really hope she hasn't."

Camila returns to the table, with the order complete. There was an awkward silence between us while we waited for the waiter to bring over our order. Camila was fiddling with the menu on the table, biting her lip. The waiter, who had brought over the ice cream, was the same guy who had given Normani his number. He scoffed at her while Dinah put her arm around her and gave her a kiss.

"Wow, this ice cream is really gre-," Normani tries to emphasis before she is cut off by Camila's small mumble.

"Lauren is cheating," Camila states.

"WHAT?!?," Dinah, Normani and I all shout in unison.

"I'm sorry, I thought I heard you say Lauren is cheating," Normani chuckles nervously.

"You heard correct," Camila blankly responds.

"No way Camila, don't be silly," Dinah tried to reassure her. "She loves you so much, she wouldn't do that to you." Normani and I nodded our heads in agreement.

"I have proof." She blankly said back.

On by one, we had a look at the messages Lucy sent to Camila. Camila cried, while Dinah comforted her by hugging her tightly. I ordered Camila another coffee. We were completely shocked and confused, Lauren loves Camila with all her heart. I was there when she broke down when Camila said she had loved Austin. Why would Lauren do this to her?

"Camila," Normani started. "You two were best friends right?" Camila nodded as a response. "How did you not know about Lucy?"

"I don't know," she cried. "It's quite obvious why I think."

"Well, Lucy is a family friend of Lauren and her family. Lucy has always tried to make a move on Lauren but Lauren never liked her like that. However, Lauren made a mistake that she regretted. That photo," Normani said pointing to the picture of the girls kissing. "Is from a family party - I was there. Lucy spiked Lauren that night, just before this photo. She took advantage of her and luckily, I was there to stop it otherwise I don't know where it would've gone." Normani sighed.

Dinah held Normani's hand.

"But Camila," Normani continued. "Lauren didn't sleep with her. The next day Lucy told Lauren how she loved her and wanted to be with her. Lauren wanted to be loved and she wanted to be over you. She thought you didn't love her. They got close, a little too close. However, it was never anything like that. Lucy tried but for Lauren, she wasn't you. Lauren told Lucy that she just wanted to stay friends and Lucy didn't take that well. As far as I know, they haven't spoken since then."

"Yeah," I say. "I haven't know Lauren long but the first time I had properly met her, she came to my house crying about how you loved Austin. Maybe you should ask her." I try to help.

At that moment in time, Camila's phone beeped. It was a text.

"It's from her," Camila shouted. "I can't look." She handed me the phone.

"It's a postcode," I said reading the message. "She, um, she said she's with Lauren now." I awkwardly shared the news.

"Let's go." Camila said.

The car ride was silent except for the quite sobs of Camila and the odd moment where Dinah was singing in order to cheer her up.

"We're gonna beat her up." Dinah emphasises.

"I still love her Dinah," Camila chuckles effortlessly.

"Oh god." Dinah says.

"Seriously, she knew what happened with Austin. Why would she hurt me?"

"I know babe, I know." Dinah just said comforting her.

We finally pull up outside the coffee shop which is where the postcode we followed had taken us. I had a feeling this is where we were going as we were getting closer and I hoped I was wrong. This is the coffee shop where Lauren took Camila on a date. My heart aches for Camila but part of me doesn't believe this.

"Oh my god," Camila sobs loudly. "She brought me on a date here."

"That's it," Dinah shouts rolling up her sleeves. "One of my best friends or not, she's getting a beating."

"Right babe, stop that," Normani starts. "We don't know fully the situation so let's wait until we know for sure."

We stood in the window of the coffee shop, out of sight. We were each scanning inside the shop to see if we could spot Lauren. She wasn't anywhere to be seen, neither was Lucy.

"Look," I say. "Maybe she was lying. I can't see her and we've been looking for nearly 10 minutes."

"Yeah, Ally's right," Normani said patting Camila's shoulder. "Let's go."

As Normani and I walk towards the car, we notice Camila and Dinah aren't behind us; they're still at the window.

"THERE SHE IS," Dinah shouts and with that, Normani and I run back to the window. "She was in the toilet."

"Where is she going?"

"Oh my god," Camila says. "Lucy is sat opposite her." Pointing out how Lauren walked to a table where a girl was sat with her back to the window. "That's why we couldn't see her. They're here. Lauren is cheating." Camila was breathing heavily.

"Girl, calm down. You're gonna die in a minute," Normani says. "Let's make a plan."

—————————————————————

A/N
Hey guys, quick update as I've been work and I'm in work currently. Just wanted to give you an update but there is so much more on this chapter that needs to be added so I'll be updating later most probably with the rest.

Hope you like it.
X